AR 40-501, 3-40- No MEB?!

tsshipp

Registered Member
Submitted my medical info at the PHA regarding my diagnosis of spondyloarthopathy (inflammatory arthritis). Was asked to get the necessary information for prognosis of return to duty, limitations, etc. I submitted this information to my case manager, but was only given a 90 day temprorary profile. The state provider wants to use the 'wait and see' approach.

Last week, I submitted a letter from my doc explaining that my condition is lifelong and that my physical limitations will exceed 12 months. That treatment serves to preserve my current ROM in my back/hips, so that I might improve my quality of life. Overall, the pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion will continue for the rest of my life.

AR 40-501 states that my condition requires an MEB upon discovery, but the state wants to "wait and see" (per my case manager). I don't understand this.

Does anyone have thoughts on whether or not an MEB will be requested given that my limitations are recommended to exceed 12 months by my doctor?