Are/Were you due INCAP pay?

Hello,

I have never researched Incapacitation Pay, but the following regulation and DoD Instruction provide information regarding entitlement to the pay:

Reference: DoD 7000.14-R Financial Management Regulation Volume 7A, Chapter 57

VOLUME 7A: MILITARY PAY POLICY - ACTIVE DUTY AND RESERVE PAY (defense.gov) <----LINK

Incapacitation Pay

6.4 Incapacitation Pay/Disability Entitlements for RC Service Members (570604)

“6.4.1.2.3. Pay and allowances may not be paid for a period of more than 6 months. The Secretary concerned may extend such period in the interest of fairness and equity.”

Another reference:
DoD Instruction (DoDI) 1241.01

DoD Instruction 1241.01, April 19, 2016 (whs.mil) <---LINK

Good luck,
Ron
cc: @chaplaincharlie @Provis @Guardguy11
The first 6 months of INCAP is supposed to be handled at the State level through OTSS. Any portion after that must be approved by NGB.
The problem is that State's routinely ignore the Regulations when it comes to INCAP, and in doing so leave LOD injured Soldiers hanging out to dry.

FYI to all...
DA PAM 135-381 (Jan 2021) are the current instructions and responsibilities for the Soldier, Unit and State to process INCAP.
AR 135-381 is the Army Regulation that dives deep.

I stumbled upon this thread while searching for questions on INCAP pay. Let me apologize in advance I am new to all of this. So if I screw something up please be kind.

My husband is in the Reserves, over the summer he was injured during annual training. He required surgery right away, after surgery, he was discharged and he remained with his unit, until they returned home 5 days later. All his LOD paperwork was filed. He did ask about incap pay when they returned because he has no use of his dominant hand and is unable to return to work in his civilian role. He did have some vacation(PTO) time that he could use. He was told by is Commander that there was a SGT at his unit that would be handling all that, including his medical bills that if we recieved bills to bring them to the unit. We have Tricare ins. It has been almost 3 mos none of the bills have been paid and we continue to get new ones. About 6 weeks ago when he took bills in, the SGT at the unit stated that she had filed paperwork with TRICARE and they he should not be getting bills they should just pay them.

Everytime he asked about INCAP pay is told that its a lenghty process. He has inquired about this weekly to his Commander and was always directed to follow up with this SGT at his unit. About 2 weeks ago ( 9weeks into this injury) he went to the unit and spoke with the SGT again she stated that she didn't have any answers for him when he said I am out of PTO from my civilian job and just want to know what is the process of INCAP she really gave him no answers. She stated that she would reach out the Battalion and follow up with my husband the next day. She did not call or email him the next day so he reached out to his Commander to let him know that he was going to go to the Battalion to see if he could get some help.

When he got to the Battalion and spoke to the person who handles it, he looked into the computer system, he stated that someone had just uploaded his medical records from his surgery and follow up appts from the local surgeon once he returned home, the prior day ( I am not sure if I describing the computer part this correctly). He stated that the LOD was in there from the incident and that had been uploaded weeks earlier.

I would like to point out that my husband took all his records from the surgery while on orders the day after they returned and the ones from the follow up appts. were taken 10days after his return.

He then emailed my husband a packet of papers that needed filled out. Which included letter/form his doctor needed to fill out, and medical releases , he told him that he needed to gather up letters from work stating that he could not return to work doing light duty, and pay stubs. So 9 weeks in and we finally got some answers.

I guess after all this I am still worried. That we have been misguided still, and I am concerned.