Army CRSC question

pmanton

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm a retired Army W-2.

I was told about CRSC and applied 6/25/18. I received a letter today informing me I was awarded 40% Combat related disability.
I have been drawing retired pay and VA disability in the amount of 40%.

Does CRSC replace my VA disability? If so, was applying for CRSC a waste of time?

The letter states that DFAS will calculate and process payments. How long does this take?

Thanks much.

Paul Anton

I'm a retired Army W-2.

I was told about CRSC and applied 6/25/18. I received a letter today informing me I was awarded 40% Combat related disability.
I have been drawing retired pay and VA disability in the amount of 40%.
Does CRSC replace my VA disability? If so, was applying for CRSC a waste of time?
The letter states that DFAS will calculate and process payments. How long does this take?
1. CRSC replaces some or all of waived retired pay. VA compensation is not reduced or waived.

2. The DFAS processing cycle for retro CRSC per anecdotal evidence is 1-3 months. The CRSC to be paid in real time by DFAS usually occurs within 45 days or less. Payment is made on the first of the month, just as retired pay. A special payment for retro CRSC can occur any day of a month.

Ron

Thanks a million. You cleared up my confusion. I was surprised to get the letter so quickly. I was expecting at least a year.

Paul

Thanks a million. You cleared up my confusion. I was surprised to get the letter so quickly. I was expecting at least a year.

Paul
I too was surprised at the quick processing. Ten to 12 months seems to be the norm for the Army.

Ron