impatiently waiting for mypay to update 7/16/19

Submitted CRSC Application 3/20/19
Rejection letter for no VA wavier in place 4/2/19
Re-applied after VA wavier in place 5/10/19
CRSC Approved at 90% 7/9/19
Received approval letter 7/15/19
Hello,

The DFAS likely received the approval of your CRSC around the same time you did (which was yesterday).

If that was the case, DFAS had/has around 5-6 days to process your approval along with many that arrived before yours. The cutoff for a DFAS processing month is ~21st of the month, much like the old days when military finance offices processed pay. That cutoff was verified by a couple of VA raters a few years ago while I was working on another site.

I hope you receive your CRSC on 1 August 2019. Since DFAS works FIFO (first in; first out), there is a chance that the first payment will not be received until 1 September 2019.

Ron

Thanks Ron! You are always so helpful with your responses!

I will also presume that the back pay portion is still around 60-90 days?

I will also presume that the back pay portion is still around 60-90 days?
Yes...although that is a moving target. Please post your payment date for retro CRSC...that will be helpful for other retirees.

Ron

Submitted CRSC Application 3/20/19
Rejection letter for no VA wavier in place 4/2/19
Re-applied after VA wavier in place 5/10/19
CRSC Approved at 90% 7/9/19
Received approval letter 7/15/19

Update:

Mypay updated 7/23/19 with first CRSC payment of 8/1/19
will update again when backpay drops

Congratulations...the processing "slipped under the wire" i.e., just made it in time

Ref: "DFAS had/has around 5-6 days to process your approval along with many that arrived before yours. The cutoff for a DFAS processing month is ~21st of the month, much like the old days when military finance offices processed pay. That cutoff was verified by a couple of VA raters a few years ago while I was working on another site."

Ron