Army Profile Question

rwarre0227

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I been on a temporary profile for my ankle over a year. In AR 40-501 its clearly states that after a year a soldier must be place on a permanent. My pcm is an airforce doctor and told me I will be receiving a permanent profile after Jan.
Well, my pcm is transitioning and now I have a new pcm. The new pcm gave me another temporary and told me the clinic lost all of my profiles so they dosnt have any records. To make it worst, my profiles was never uploaded to my medpros and my pulhse is 11111. I also have surgery next month. My question, can my new pcm still put me on a temporary profile after a year even after surgery? Last, because my pcm doesn't have access to pulhse; will the army update my medpros for me with a permanent pulhse?

FloridaInjuredInCombat

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It appears you just found out the hard way to keep a copy of ALL your records. If there's no record in the system, and your old PCM is not able to give you a statement to the effect, the new PCM may be limited to going off only what he/she knows, which puts you back at square one. Keep a ghost copy of your records, for your own protection.

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I been on a temporary profile for my ankle over a year. In AR 40-501 its clearly states that after a year a soldier must be place on a permanent. My pcm is an airforce doctor and told me I will be receiving a permanent profile after Jan.
Well, my pcm is transitioning and now I have a new pcm. The new pcm gave me another temporary and told me the clinic lost all of my profiles so they dosnt have any records. To make it worst, my profiles was never uploaded to my medpros and my pulhse is 11111. I also have surgery next month. My question, can my new pcm still put me on a temporary profile after a year even after surgery? Last, because my pcm doesn't have access to pulhse; will the army update my medpros for me with a permanent pulhse?

I think you may be mistaken. You can be on a permanent profile and still be found fit for duty. Only permanent 3 or 4 profiles will reviewed by a MEB physician.