Army reserve medboard

Broussard077

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok I'm finally gonna receive a peblo in a few weeks and I'm already 100% disabled with the VA as or may 15 2017 ...I had my last c&p exams in April .. will I have to do another c and p exams again with the VA for the army reserve meb process? And what can I expect during the process will I get TDY or etc ...thanks in advance

Let me know if you find out, I'm in the exact same situation and have no clue what to expect.

I'm in the guard. Been 50% VA since 2010, then last month was increased to 100% VA. I elected to do the ides med board 3 months ago, and haven't hear much except turning in some documentation here and there...

Someone that was in the national guard was in the same boat as us he told me they can use your last c and p exam if it's within 12 months or if you have a new rating with a year they will jus use that and check any conditions you have that's disqualifying

Hope thats true, that would be awesome.

The lady I'm working with asked for a copy of the exam. However all I have is the rating decision the Va sent me in the brown envelope.

My exam was done by a VA contractor, called VES. Since it was don't by a contractor, you can't get a copy of the exam off ebenefits, you have to request it from the VA by submitting a form. Read it takes anywhere from a month to 12 months to get the copy. So hope that doesn't effect me. You would think the MEB people/VA could easily obtain it on their own.

So your buddy, how long did the process take for him/her?

I just received this email today from the lady I've been working with locally:

"Great, thank you, I have uploaded this to your case file being submitted to Ft. Sam today. It should be within the next 60 days that you will be assigned a case worker at the MTF if your case clears quality control at Ft. Sam. I don’t foresee any issues at this time. If there is anything missing I will notify you and we will work from there"

So is the case worker the PEBLO? Assumed I'd be assigned somewhere in GA locally not Texas...

I think only a few months ...he said he didn't have to do anything but sign papers from his email about the meb process and they used the rating from his last exam since it was recent enough

No the case worker and peblo are different....once they caseworker complete your paper work they'll send that information up and should have a peblo in a month probably

You lucky my case manager is in Florida and they said my peblo will be also

Do you know at which point you are able to see your case in AKO?

It's unknown mines haven't showed up on ako yet either I guess whenever you're assigned. Peblo you will be able to see it

Just got a call from my new assigned PEBLO from Ft Gordon I believe she said. She’s setting up a phone interview for tomorrow. So hopefully I’ll get some better info on the process and everything tomorrow.

I just got a call from the VA person that’s part of the med board. Think they were called called a MST or something like that

I don’t have to do another evaluation for PTSD since i was Just rated like 6 weeks ago. I have to do a general evaluation at the VA though. Not sure if claiming anything additional would be a bad idea, since I’m a teenager 100% and don’t have any additional documentation to support a claim anyways.

I wasn’t sure if since I was going threw the med board, if I could claim anything like an active soldier could and get a rating. If that makes any since. dony think it works that’s way though

I had to fill out the 21-526EZ form, application for disability compensation, and email it back to her this morning.

I’m not going to claim anything additional at this time.

Her title is a MSC (military service coordinator) and she works at fort Gordon.

Seems like this will all go pretty quick.

I agree with u u don't wanna risk your rating I'm only claiming three things unless I don't have to do no more exams

Got a call today from someone setting up a phone interview next week with a dr to do a Narsum on me...

Got to research now and see what that’s all about...