Army Timeline CRSC

Hi, everyone,
Im new to this site, thus is not that acquainted with all of the protocols. I'v been intending to apply for CRSC previously but was discouraged after reading about the stories of application denials. My question is, does anyone have an example of an approved CRSC PTSD application? I'm VA rated @ 100% permanently disabled diagnosed with PTSD along with a host other disabilities, however no document that specifically states, the where, when, why, and how. I was deployed in combat on several occasion however how do you validate a condition of PTSD? Can anyone help me out?
Thank you

Hi, everyone,
Im new to this site, thus is not that acquainted with all of the protocols. I'v been intending to apply for CRSC previously but was discouraged after reading about the stories of application denials. My question is, does anyone have an example of an approved CRSC PTSD application? I'm VA rated @ 100% permanently disabled diagnosed with PTSD along with a host other disabilities, however no document that specifically states, the where, when, why, and how. I was deployed in combat on several occasion however how do you validate a condition of PTSD? Can anyone help me out?
Thank you
I am currently at an airport, but the following material might be helpful:

Ron

Just got an update on my Crsc back pay...

06/13/2019- Crsc retro statment posted on MyPay

06/18/2019- CRSC back pay date

Long time lurker; Figured I'd throw in my lot since this thread has helped me out.

Medically retired - 28 Mar 19
Submitted CRSC Packet - 3 May 19
Approval Letter - 2 Jun 19

Obviously still waiting on the financial side of things. I was 40% DOD, 100% VA and 100% CRSC.
I can attribute the speedy processing to the fact that I have a couple of purple hearts / Valor awards and a CIB along with awesome leadership who privided me with the sworn statements from the events.
I was also helped by my AW2 Advocate who emailed in the packet (apparently alot safer than faxing / mailing). When I spoke to the lady on the phone, she said the average time is 3-7 months but did omit that how you structure your packet does impact how long it takes to process. For those interested, I had the form, followed by my narrative (about a page), followed by medical information (pulled from tricareonline) pertaining specifically to the injury. I also highlighted specific information to help the adjudicator to hone in on pertinent info.

If anyone has any questions, just shoot me a message

Hello all! I am looking for any insight or information on who I can contact to get the correct information! I was approved for CRSC and started receiving payment as of November 2018. Mypay statements have a CRSC start date of Oct. 1, 2012, which I would think is what my retro pay would date back to. (correct me if I'm wrong) after waiting 120 days from first payment I called DFAS to inquire on audit and was told the audit restarted in December and to call back in 1 month. Called back a month later and was told still processing to call back in one month... This went on for several months then was told I could send a message to processers and call back 1 week later to get the reply and of course the reply was it is still processing.

Last month when calling I was told the audit was completed and I am in Q for processing payment and should call back in a month if I have not received payment. Call back today and the representative tells me my audit was started in May 2019 and I need to allow 120 days for processing .... After asking for a supervisor she hangs up on me and when I call back the new representative tells me my audit is complete and I will receive no back pay. Seems I get wildly different answers every time I call and can not understand how they come to the conclusions they tell me. Any insights or advice??

For consideration.

You could contact the Director, Retired Pay if you feel it is warranted.

Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
Attn: Director Roland Wadge
8899 E 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46249-1200

Fax
Please include your full name, daytime phone number, social security number and signature on all written correspondence.
Fax Retired Pay: 800-469-6559
------------
Ron

Jshepherd,

This is an addition to my post about contacting DFAS.

Some general info.

Prior to 1 January 2013, there was a problem in the law that allowed CRSC for Chapter 61 retirees (disability). The flaw was termed the "CRSC Glitch" and maparker of this board wrote extensively about it. You could use the forum's search feature to find maparker posts. The glitch precluded some retirees from any CRSC. The change in law, which was not retroactive, became effective 1 January 2013.

CRSC is not payable for any period the retiree did not waive retired pay in order to receive VA compensation. CRSC replaces some or all of the waived retired pay.

Some retirees have residual (left over) retired pay after the retired pay is reduced by the amount of VA compensation. In those cases the residual retired pay reduces the amount of CRSC. Sometimes that causes zero CRSC.

I do not know why you did not receive retroactive CRSC; I am just stating some general info which may or may not apply.

If your contact with DFAS does not result in a satisfactory answer, perhaps you should consider contacting a senator or representative from your state about the matter.

Ron

Long time lurker; Figured I'd throw in my lot since this thread has helped me out.

Medically retired - 28 Mar 19
Submitted CRSC Packet - 3 May 19
Approval Letter - 2 Jun 19

Obviously still waiting on the financial side of things. I was 40% DOD, 100% VA and 100% CRSC.
I can attribute the speedy processing to the fact that I have a couple of purple hearts / Valor awards and a CIB along with awesome leadership who privided me with the sworn statements from the events.
I was also helped by my AW2 Advocate who emailed in the packet (apparently alot safer than faxing / mailing). When I spoke to the lady on the phone, she said the average time is 3-7 months but did omit that how you structure your packet does impact how long it takes to process. For those interested, I had the form, followed by my narrative (about a page), followed by medical information (pulled from tricareonline) pertaining specifically to the injury. I also highlighted specific information to help the adjudicator to hone in on pertinent info.

If anyone has any questions, just shoot me a message
It looks like from time of approval to first payment about 1 month 12 days for first payment and about total 4 months and 14 days for final paymeny and back pay avG.

It looks like from time of approval to first payment about 1 month 12 days for first payment and about total 4 months and 14 days for final paymeny and back pay avG.
I received my first payment March 1st. Im still waiting to see if I receive any back pay. Also I've noticed that mypay still hasn't updated the CRSC pay statement. Last statement was May 21st. Do you still have this same issue?

They finally finished my Audit. I called today. They said I don't get back pay and I don't owe them. They said I broke even. Im not complaining.
I got 35,000 from 10% serverance pay. It was combat related. Which I never had to pay back after getting VA pay.
I went through the PDBR and got medically retired. Then got my CRSC.
Also they said the 6 year limitations don't apply to the soldiers who went through the PDBR process.

Hello all,
My CRSC case file got approved on 12 September 2019, and DFAS received the approval on the 19th of September. I call on the following day, and the representative explained I would take DAFS 30 days to go over my case. I called back on the 22nd of October and received the good news that I would receive $612/ month the first business day of the following month. I assume if the 1st of the month is on a weekend or holiday, I should expect the payment to come on the last business of the prior month. The representative also explained backpay would come within 120 days from the date of approval, meaning 120 calendar days not business days. I believe my case was reviewed and approved quite expeditiously since it only took about 2 months since I first mailed in my files to receive an approval notice. I have heard of others having to wait up to 18 months before hearing an answer from their branch of service. This is just due to the volume of cases they receive. I did not anticipate receiving $612/ month and thought it would be in the range of $300 to $400. However, do not make any assumptions as there are many factors that go into if you receive compensation at all and the amount you are entitled to. Anyhow, this is good news for my family.

I served 9 years in the Army Reserves, deployed twice, and retired E-5 after 12 years of service due to seizures, migraines, adjustment disorder, and a multitude of other health issues. I have a 100% service-connected rating with the VA but only got 70% from DFAS. 70% adjustment disorder, 30% migraines, and nothing else from my other conditions. Remember to review all the documentation you submit and include everything you deem necessary including civilian medical records, as that may make the difference between getting approved or not. MAKE SURE YOU DON NOT FORGET ANY REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION. CHECK, DOUBLE CHECK, AND RECHECK. I also included a personal statement, not required, explaining my daily activities, the medications I currently take, for what reasons, and further explain the severity and extent of my conditions and why I feel the condition cannot improve for the remainder of my life. I believe having everything in order, made the approval process quite simple and efficient. I hope this information is of help to anyone applying for CRSC.

Blackwind002,

Re: "However, do not make any assumptions as there are many factors that go into if you receive compensation at all and the amount you are entitled to. Anyhow, this is good news for my family."

Yes, that is true.

For a Chapter 61 retiree with less than 20 years active duty, the retiree would receive the lesser of:
--The longevity portion of the retired pay which is: active duty years x 2.5% = multiplier; multiplier x high three ave base pay = longevity portion of retired pay
OR
--The amount associated with the CRSC percentage approved by one's service. That amount is found in the VA compensation tables. Example: 60% CRSC approved and retiree is married & has one child under 18, the retiree would find his/her rate (60%) in the VA compensation tables and look in the column veteran, spouse & child.

The CRSC amount determined above when combined with any residual retired pay cannot exceed the longevity portion of retired pay.
Residual retired pay: any amount left over after the VA offset/waiver.

Ron