Article 92 during IDES need help

Throwaway2213

Registered Member
Before I start I want to say that I have already talked to lawyers at the DSO and they have told me they are unsure about my case since it is unique. I started my medboard back in July just recently finished my c&p exams back in October. In early September I tested positive on urinalysis for thc from cbd usage and now I am facing an article 92 from cbd. I am just wondering how this will affect my IDES process and if I choose separation if my medboard will be completed and I will receive disability when I first get separated. My jag has also informed me the command intends to give me honorable if I choose the njp route but I don’t trust anything until I see it in writing. Also I’m in the navy if I should add that. Just in a hard spot with little information.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Are you talking to a JAG that represents you in the Article 92 or the MEB? I suggest that you ask for both JAGs to coordinate with one another to give you a complete picture so that you go with the best option.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
This will most likely lead to a duel PEB chapter many things can happen I will say if the MEB is MH usually a flag officer makes the final call on whether you are admin separated or medical retirement depending what your conditions are and if you meet the 30% threshold for medical retirement. So many factors in this hard for anyone to give you a hard answer I would strongly recommend you keep your nose clean for the time being you are the one that put yourself in this difficult spot. JAG is right about the njp even you get a general discharge you are eligible for VA benefits.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">