Assistance Please As Confused: "Mild Schatzki Ring Associated w/ Small Sliding Hernia" How VA And Very Prominent Clinic Possibly Miss?

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hoping to get some help or clarification here, if possible? I have had several Endoscopy's (EGD) by both the US DVA (Gulf Coast VA/ VISN-16) and a very prominent clinic in Minnesota right down street from where was "guest" US Government, once again thanks to Gulf Coast VA/VISN-16! I had a "civilian" EGD done recently, and it was discovered that I had a "Mild Schatzki Ring Associated w/ Small Sliding Hernia" (see attached file)!

So several questions here: First what does this in fact mean in "plain english<" as took me "abnormally long" time to get records and was half out of due to anesthesia when Dr. spoke with me? Second, how could US DVA and orther clinic have possibly missed all this? Third, or could this have arisen because the uS DVA allowed me walk around pneumonia appx. 2-years, and could do very little physically as a result?

Thanks, any "knowledgeable" input would be much appreciated as sent US DVA- Primary Care Doctor (formally of Bureau Indian Afffair's) and asked the OEF/OIF Rep. same questions above, but truly expect no answers the US DVA venue or if so "highly" questionable answers.........

Attachments

• Dr. ZAD1 EGD Result's- Abnormality-Was Supposed Follow-Up-dtd 06 DEC 2018 scan 23 MAR 2018 a...pdf
    770.6 KB · Views: 1
Forgot add ChaplainCharlie- that I have found very little on Wikipedia to be very wrong.... as matter fact have watched some TV shows recommend to me...like the "Vikings" and have looked up a lot of things reference the history of the actual vikings on Wikipedia like "Kattegut" and MARPOL, etc......

So do not know why most universities "discourage" it's utilization/ citation- kind of like AL not recognizing very many "online" degrees.....

Thanks again ChaplaiCharlie....

PS: Kind of like FAO ICT- required to write/ obtain permission visit other countries before going- i.e. why going- and write a "complete" trip report and submit it to DAT after return on what was in fact learned....... some of which were forwrded back US for analysis....by other's...even though non-classified????? Wonder why, now former Head US DVA- relieved for trip to England, etc... and other's not required to do the same, like our elected "offical's!" I mean does anyone, who has not served military, worked security, etc... really know what in fact they may be looking at when observing "border" security "measures" in Korea, Israel, Sinai, etc....???? Is that in fact not what US Dept. State is for and/ or other's work US Embassies/ Consulate's abroad....??????? Just a a after thought this post.... and wonder what the head of US DVA was in fact doing on trip abroad if not looking into various treatment "modalities" utilized abroad for possible implementation with US veterans....?????? Oh well that is a question for the "elephants".....

Last edited:
I read the article before posting it. It was in plain English as requested and I thought it was close to being correct. Wikipedia has become much better over time. Footnoting sources... has helped. Hope your mind is at ease.

I read the article before posting it. It was in plain English as requested and I thought it was close to being correct. Wikipedia has become much better over time. Footnoting sources... has helped. Hope your mind is at ease.

ChaplainCharlie- my mind is pretty much always at ease, once realizing a whole host of things with US DVA, and relation to the "First Order" of Star Wars lore, etc...... and as I have stated many more out there on this website wosre off than myself sort of like LT Clint Lorance at https://www.military.com/daily-news...on-army-officer-convicted-afghan-murders.html "Trump Asked to Pardon Officer Convicted of Afghan Murders" about whom received a letter from LTC(ret.) Allen West asking sign a petition for LT Lorance's pardon! Guess kind of like "Breaker Morant (film)" at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaker_Morant_(film) required to watch "en-mass" in "college!"

So, guess we all in a way, despite our issues with US DVA, US Military Medical Evaluation System, etc... simply have it better off as at least we are "free" to some degree....

Thanks ChaplainCharlie........

PS: All of those who survived the "crucible" of OEF/OIF, etc.... where the "rubber meets the road," either Officer or NCO was simply never more than one "wrong" decision (of countless bad choices- many of which need deciding in the "blink" of an eye, oder "augen blick!" and the "FOG Of WAR" [Nebel des Krieges] etc.... ) away from LT Lorance's situation, or a casket, or other injuries and /or their personnel.... something to think about....I think in great scheme of things... and some others have simply paid same price as LT Lorance, in different ways upon return home to US..... no thanks US DVA, Federal, State, Local government, Media, etc....

Last edited: