Atrial Fibrillation Atrial Flutter

lucky208

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi-

Wondering if anyone had rating for Atrial Fibrillation/ Atrial Flutter. This is one of my documented conditions supported with EKG/ Holter monitor readings showing multiple runs of SVTs/ A-FiB/ A-Flutter, been symptomatic for past 8 months. If you had a rating was it considered TDRL or permanent? Thanks.

I am at 10% for my a-fib. 3 different meds. 3 hospitalizations in 2 years until it was controlled better by meds.

@MoparFin was the A-FIB % listed as permanent or temporary?

Thanks for quick reply. I'm headed to my VA exams over the next few days. I wore a monitor this summer and it captured 7-8 runs, still have episodes of AFIB/ Aflutter with associated symptoms. I guess we'll see what the DOD and VA have to say about it.

I wore a monitor after the first episode while I was still in. Captured nothing. Second episode was after I got out, but about 2 years after the first. I was in a civilian hospital for 4 days. Few months later I had another episode and went to VA ER. Was put on permanent prescriptions after this episode. Had another episode a few months later and went to VA ER again. Meds were adjusted and have been good for about a year now. After my third episode I put in for disability.

I just stared the meb process for SVT which is similar to Atrial fib, and also Bipolar 2 which was added with addendum I'm hoping for an unfit because both make me non deployable and as an e-6 and sea rate navy there will be no way I pick up chef and im only 8 almost 9 years in service. Interested in how you case plays out. My SVT was discovered following a surgery and was recorded with EKG they never offered me a monitor said that they had enough evidence , wonder how that will affect my rating since they rate by documented episodes. So this thread caught my attention.

I just stared the meb process for SVT which is similar to Atrial fib, and also Bipolar 2 which was added with addendum I'm hoping for an unfit because both make me non deployable and as an e-6 and sea rate navy there will be no way I pick up chef and im only 8 almost 9 years in service. Interested in how you case plays out. My SVT was discovered following a surgery and was recorded with EKG they never offered me a monitor said that they had enough evidence , wonder how that will affect my rating since they rate by documented episodes. So this thread caught my attention.

Did you add bipolar disorder or was it sent back from the PEB to MEB added bipolar disorder?

Yes, an Addendum for the Bipolar was added to unfitting conditions.

Yes, an Addendum for the Bipolar was added to unfitting conditions.

Just curious - was it something you requested to be added or was it something that was uncovered in a C&P exam and the MEB requested for it to be added?

My Peblo requested it to be added but it was going to be added either way I had already been told I would have to be med boarded for it its just that cardiology doc beat MH in submitting me for meb. Im not 100 percent sure but I think you have to be boarded for bipolar plus I'm on two medications for it that make me undeployable. I'm navy and my rate is a sea rate both of those conditions stop me from going on deployments so basically means I cannot do my job.

I’m an active duty AF flyer and I’ve been to the ER 4 times the past 3 weeks for AFib. I go to my Cardio referral later this week and am hoping to get on a Beta Blocker to prevent future AFib episodes. Anybody have any thoughts on suggestions about my condition and getting a waiver to continue to fly? I’m under the impression that antiarrthymia medication are disqualifying for continued aviation service. Thanks.

I wore a monitor after the first episode while I was still in. Captured nothing. Second episode was after I got out, but about 2 years after the first. I was in a civilian hospital for 4 days. Few months later I had another episode and went to VA ER. Was put on permanent prescriptions after this episode. Had another episode a few months later and went to VA ER again. Meds were adjusted and have been good for about a year now. After my third episode I put in for disability.

Ahh ok, I wonder if the DOD rates AFIB as permanent? I just finished wearing a monitor again for 14 days and it captured more runs of AFIB/ no Flitter this time. So within the last year, I've had multiple runs of AFIB/ Aflutter captured by a monitor pre surgery and multiple runs of AFIB captured by a monitor post surgery and been on meds for past 8 months for the AFIB/Aflutter. Still symptomatic so I'm assuming a change in meds or possible repeat Ablation procedure but will have to wait until next Dr. visit.