Average timeline?

FightLikeAGirl

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone have a timeline for CRSC? I know the website says 180 days, just looking for personal experience. I applied in March and haven't heard a peep.

I applied July 2016 and still waiting. It says 180 days but when I called they told me 180 business days. So that will be 10 months. Hope that helps.

I sent mine in February 2017. I just resent it again (via email) since I hadn't heard a peep. I mentioned it was a resend in the email. At least now I know I still have a chance of getting it. I was starting to worry.

I also sent my CRSC application and documents in March 2017. I called HRC when I hit 180 buisness Days. I was told by HRC that the new timeline was 10 months. I called two weeks ago because I was 10 days shy of 10 months. I was then told it could take up to a year. I have seen posts from this forum saying it took 14 months for a few.

The people processing CRSC claims at HRC are contractors. I hypothesize that they have minimal staffing to process an increase in claims. Any hiccup in the process ie. inclement weather or having to replace exiting employees will make the process longer. So an accurate timeline of any kind is a rosey guess at best.

My best guess is between 10 and 12 months. Also count in about two weeks to receive your assessment in the mail.

Sorry this is not a happy answer. I’m in the same boat. I’ll update when I receive my results and hopefully provide a ball park timeline.

Re: Army CRSC

Army Echoes announced last summer that the Army CRSC processing cycle was then 10 months. I suspect that it might have become longer for the reasons expressed above.

If you are retired from the Army, you might see the decision/results on the HRC webpage before you receive the letter of approval for CRSC.

HRC (Army):

Path

1. https://www.hrc.army.mil/

2. "My Records"

3. Login with DS password

4. Click "Reserve/Retiree/Veteran

5. Click "Documents"

6. Click on the CRSC decision you want to view/copy (all should be available)

Just talked to HRC today. It is now taking twelve months to process CRSC claims