Awaiting VA Recon, what will happen next?

MotherOfGod23

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My package was pushed to the PEB in the beginning of August, I received my findings at the end of October, and submitted my VA reconsideration on November 2nd. My package was picked up by the VA on the 8th, but I know it's only supposed to be roughly a 15 day process. Calendar days I'm assuming? Also, when I accept the findings, what happens then? Do I decide when I will be starting terminal? I am ready to get out and only need about 2 weeks to finalize my USMC stuff. My EAS was supposed to be 9/9/2016.

My VARR took a full 30 days, I have seen some take as much as 60. Hopefully you will hear an answer soon.

Oh lord. What happened after you signed your final paperwork? Did you get to choose your EAS?

I was Army so we do not have an EAS, but the process is very similar. For me, I drug it out the full 90 days that I was on the TRANSPROC list to collect as much BAH as possible.

I have seen many timelines her from Navy and USMC where they are out in just days after the findings come back (per their choosing). Things do have a tendency to slow down during the holidays, hopefully your VARR comes back very soon

See my timeline USMC. The 2nd VARR had no changes to the rating. MMSR-4 finalized my case ASAP no word from PEBLO or command. Submitted 8/1 VARR, by 24th MMSR-4 got my package, on 8/28 my EAS posted. If you have 60 or more days of leave, expect an EAS about 90 days later; if 30 days or leave, EAS 60 days later, etc.

This is assuming you accepted the findings with the VA Recon option and did not request a FPEB.

I'm AF but my VARR took 5 months from when I submitted it to when I received my results.

The VA took 45 days for me. I'm two and a half weeks in waiting for my findings now.

Once you sign for your ratings, your index gets sent to MMSR 4 and they give you a separation or retirement date based on your ratings. You can call them and ask for a closer EAS, but they usually like your co and first sergeant to concur via email. That is once they have already changed your EAS on mol. They won't do it ahead of time

Update: My VA started processing my package on 11/15/2016. It was picked up on 11/08/2016. I have contacted the PEB and asked for the status, but the MSgt told me I'm looking at ATLEAST 30 days but realistically more :/ I really hope this picks up pace.