Back pay eligibility

TjMayes

Registered Member
I am 90% disabled through the VA, I qas medically retired in 2015 after 19 years of service. I applied for CRSC in April 2019 and recieved my approval letter of my CRSC pay at 80% dated back to Oct 1 2015 on Aug 26 2019. I received my first payment Oct 1 2019 am I entitled to back pay back to Oct 1 2015.

Hello,

Quite likely.

Your effective date of October 1, 2015 is within the six years allowed by law.

As long as your retired pay was reduced by the amount of VA compensation during the retro period, I see no reason why you would not receive retro CRSC.

However, if you already received CRDP for the retro period, no CRSC would be payable. It does not appear from the limited info available that you were eligible for CRDP.

On another board, we usually suggest the retro CRSC will be paid within 1-3 months. Some cases take less...others more.

Ron

@TjMayes your are about a month ahead of me in the approval for CRSC. It sounds like we are in the same boat on waiting for the back pay, I have regularly been calling DFAS to check on the processing and as of Monday they just escalated my case for back pay. I have a feeing that what you will have to do as well.

The most likely reason for the delay in back pay is the amount and verification and cross checking of the initial audit.

@TjMayes your are about a month ahead of me in the approval for CRSC. It sounds like we are in the same boat on waiting for the back pay, I have regularly been calling DFAS to check on the processing and as of Monday they just escalated my case for back pay. I have a feeing that what you will have to do as well.

The most likely reason for the delay in back pay is the amount and verification and cross checking of the initial audit.
Just got off the phone with DFAS my file went to review January 7th it can take 30-60 days from there before I recieve anything and they told me to call back Feb 7th of I still haven't recieved it yet.