Backdating to previous VA claim

matt.edward.jones

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I started a VA claim for my conditions last February. I held off on submitting the claim once I learned that I was going to go through the MEB for some of the same conditions. Once complete, the MEB will backdate to October. I've considered completing my original application in hopes that I could ultimately receive backpay from VA from last February instead of October. But I also don't want to throw a wrench in the DoD side since I am currently at the PEB phase.

I also considered waiting for the PEB to conclude, and then complete the original VA claim after I sign for my DoD ratings. However, I contacted VA and received an unofficial response that my claim would likely just be denied/closed since I had just been rated for those conditions.

Does anyone know exactly what would happen if I just went ahead right now and finished my original VA claim from February?

matt.edward.jones

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good point. I'm traditional Natl Guard now. Final deployment was completed ~9 years ago. First rating was 3 years ago while part-time NG, and the application I'm talking about was Feb 2018. Now I'm going through MEP/PEB also as a Natl Guard Soldier.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">