Before or after orders??

Shellyhill11

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey guys.

I was curious to know when you begin out processing.

Do you start out processing once you sign for your ratings and know your ratings were received since it takes about two weeks to get your orders

or,

do you start out processing once you signed for your orders? Like once you have received them, does out processing begin?

also, if PTDY is denied, that means you don’t get paid for the 30 days; BUT, I essentially get to go home sooner since 30 days aren’t granted correct?
one last question!!!!

they usually give USAF 10-15 days to out process, but if it only takes me a week to out processing, and I don’t receive PTDY, I can go home, right?

has anyone ever left early? For example, have you left base and moved back home and not come back during the out processing phase if you did not receive PTDY?

I'm confident that someone here has had the experience you envision OR has knowledge of what would occur.

Just an opinion from an old guy: When i read or hear of something like, "...have you left base and moved back home and not come back during the out processing phase if you did not receive PTDY? " I immediately think, AWOL.

No one ever departed a unit I was in without proper authority such as travel orders, leave documents, etc. Well...I did have two AWOLs over the years and they were dealt with appropriately. On the other hand, I never worked at a transition point. Recommend you discuss this matter with your chain of command.

Also, 70% of my career was spent overseas so there was not as much opportunity to just walk off.

Good luck.
Ron

No I don’t mean going awol. I’m speaking on behalf of finally receiving my orders and out processing. I was told by my PEBLO office and supervisor that if I already have my orders aligned and did not receive PTDY but can leave after I’ve out processed (within the 15 days they allot you) that would be allowed and okay. But the reason why I’ve asked this question is because I’m unsure if you out process before once you’ve received your ratings and signed for them, or, if you out process once you receive your orders or before that.

sorry for the confusion

Thank you...I learned something. Additionally, the 15 days of which you spoke is foreign to me.

I should probably stick to the things I know well, such as computing retired pay and CRSC.

Good luck to you. If you confirm your plans, please let us know.

Ron

No I don’t mean going awol. I’m speaking on behalf of finally receiving my orders and out processing. I was told by my PEBLO office and supervisor that if I already have my orders aligned and did not receive PTDY but can leave after I’ve out processed (within the 15 days they allot you) that would be allowed and okay. But the reason why I’ve asked this question is because I’m unsure if you out process before once you’ve received your ratings and signed for them, or, if you out process once you receive your orders or before that.

sorry for the confusion
You begin outprocessing after you have official orders. You will have to contact MPF to inform them of what type of separation you are doing i.e retirement or separation. From there they will load your virtual outprocessing checklist.

You begin outprocessing after you have official orders. You will have to contact MPF to inform them of what type of separation you are doing i.e retirement or separation. From there they will load your virtual outprocessing checklist.
So do I go to my own MPF? I’m FSS and my squadron primarily mans orders on hickam for my unit. Once I receive rating, I wait for my orders, THEN out processing begins?

thank you so much for your help

Yes go to the base MPF. Yes and yes. I highly recommend that as soon as you get your orders contact TMO.

The MPF will call you. Once you sign at PEBLO the paperwork goes back up through channels to AFPC. Then it works its way through AFPC who notifies the MPF to talk to you. You work out the details of terminal leave (take or get paid) and most importantly last day on the job with your MPF. A few days alter order will be ready. You go to TMO and all the places to outprocess. Then you wait for that last day!

Yes go to the base MPF. Yes and yes. I highly recommend that as soon as you get your orders contact TMO.
Thank you so much

so once I get my order, I out processing. The second I’m squared away and packed with TMO, I can go home? EVEN if it’s done before outprocessing period? For example, I get 15 days of outProcessing, if I’m done I’m day 10, I can go home?