Being abused by the system and need help!!!

I agree, don't exercise and hurt yourself because this too will end one way or another. I did not exercise either.

Just remember folks...we're heading into an election year. I just failed my 3rd PFT, waist only. I can't even stand up straight, and measured in at 38.5. My Chief and 1Sgt both informed me I could be demoted, and were being your typical buttholes acting like I was some dirtbag. I simply replied to both of them "If you think your careers can handle it, then be my guest and try it. I will be on the phone with my Congressman, Senators, the IG, and the ADC before you finish saying the word demotion. What do you think those people are going to do to YOU when they find out you are trying to demote me for being disabled?". Their attitudes changed VERY rapidly and now all of a sudden they want to "help" me. Moral of the story: they try to play hardball, shoot back with a howitzer. You will be amazed at how fast they back down when they realize THEIR careers could be in jeopardy.

I'd have to agree with jjski78. I've seen it happen before, especially with E9's. (btw, there is a BIG difference between a Chief and an E9: The Chief would already be trying to help, the E9 just likes throwing the stripes around).
Everyone should already have contact information for their elected officials. If you happen to have one on a DOD related committee, it's amazing how fast congressional inquiries can get the entire leadership chain spun up, from the Wing King all the way down. ;)

Update-
As you may know, I did get my stripe back, they invalidated my last two PT tests and I have sent a package to the Board of Military Corrections to have those tests removed, and now I am scheduled to have my fusion done in the second week in July. I have been on morphine for the last few days, which it is great...but if I build up a tolerance to it before my surgery, I will be in more pain since the meds won't work as well. So I am going to stop taking it. Anyway, that's what's up for now...

BigWill,

I hope you come to a fair and just resolution, and that your fusion is a success. I blew out 2 discs in my lumbar and 2 cervical on OIF deployment 5 years ago. I JUST had cervical fusion in March at Landstuhl. In the years between injury and surgery I've had nothing but trouble with the PT test.
Now, I'm on the road to recovery, I hope, but I PT test this month and since I've been waivered on at least one component on previous tests, they are telling me it's an automatic MEB review. Well, eff you, AF, says I. Why am I being penalized because you waited this long to fix the problem?? And why PT test someone at all who is broken? I can't pass on waist alone, so I am forced to try and pass the walk against my neuro's advice. I am all for losing weight, I've lost 18 pounds since March, but it's not going to happen overnight, and when I'm injured or convalescing, it's not like I'm running 100 miles a week.
Like BigWill, I saw dozens of different docs that told me to suck it up. So I did, and the impact of running made the problem drastically worse. I got administrative paperwork and my promotion delayed like I was a POS dirtbag. My favorite part was getting my ppw from the CC, me in my service dress with 1Sgt, and nobody makes any mention of my medical condition, instead I get treated like a fat, lazy sh*tbag. I have never been called on the carpet in 17 years. It's an absolute insult.
I'm really starting to feel as if Med retirement is the best thing, I'm becoming so bitter about this experience!!
If it gives you any hope, the fusion really did make me feel better! I just don't want to eff it up by doing too much, too soon!
-Kitty

Update, I have had my spinal fusion. Surgery went well. pain is manageable. Extremely sore but improving. Prior to my surgery the Chief of Medical services from my base clinic called me and put me on 5 hour work days. Then he told me that he didn't feel I needed surgery and my back wasn't broken. Well, my surgery took an extra hour and a half because my broken vertebra was far more worse than my surgeon expected. It's just funny that this Col on base called and harrassed me and told me he didn't feel i needed surgery and that my back wasn't broken. Glad to see he was really concerned about me. Obviously he was.

wow this thread is an awesome read. I see so many similarities as i am going through the same thing. I had a l5-s1 spinal fusion in 2001 and while the first few years were great and pain free, the last couple have been bad. Ive been on a profile on and off since 2009 and just last week I recieved my NARSUM. PT seems to be a huge topic here. Being treated for PTSD and chronic back pain i am on lots of meds. I did a mock pt test last week and couldnt do 2 laps without falling out. I got the looks, stares and comments. I have a line# for TSgt and my 1st Sgt is telling me since i cant pass a PT test i wont sew on until I pass. I have done everything i can to pass but some pain meds and anti-depressants just arent PT endusive. I am going to follow this thread as it has a lot of good info. heads up.

Update, I have had my spinal fusion. Surgery went well. pain is manageable. Extremely sore but improving. Prior to my surgery the Chief of Medical services from my base clinic called me and put me on 5 hour work days. Then he told me that he didn't feel I needed surgery and my back wasn't broken. Well, my surgery took an extra hour and a half because my broken vertebra was far more worse than my surgeon expected. It's just funny that this Col on base called and harrassed me and told me he didn't feel i needed surgery and that my back wasn't broken. Glad to see he was really concerned about me. Obviously he was.

BigWillUSAF,

Glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope your healing/convalescence continues.

BigWillUSAF,

Glad to hear the surgery went well! Hope your healing/convalescence continues.

Jason,
Thank you very much. Things are improving. I believe my leg pain is better, but the numbness and tingling is still there. We'll see as time goes by. Thanks again.

Big Will,
Considering the problems you have had, don't they have to give you an exemption from doing PT and such? Your surgeon can put yon on a total NO pt at all profile....do it NOW! That is total poop.
I have been there done that right now...on con leave as I type. My boss is so mad that I'll miss drill weekend and someone will have to do block training for me! Really? I had tarsal tunnel surgery and can't walk damnit!
Oh but I'm just a monkey who isn't that important....who gives a damn about ME!
You have to take care of #1 because from what I've learned, nobody gives a rat's booty about you but you and your family. I haven't seen my commander's letter. I have asked for repeat MRIs of my knees and elbows and they refuse. I have asked for treatments for my problems (RA and Sjogren's) and they tell me to wait til I get out. So I suffer and writhe in pain til I get out...owell. I have no idea where my IPEB is, I am just waiting and my PCM is still sitting on my LOD paperwork since November and here it is almost May...LOL.
This is BS.
Good luck and keep fighting!
I hear you about almost losing your stripes....they are prescious and they have almost taken mine too!
Take it easy and concentrate on getting well ;)