Being forced to travel for exam, 60 miles one way?

MoparFin

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just received notice that I was assigned an appointment by VES to attend a C/P exam 60 miles away from where I live. What can I do about this? I will have to take a day off of work.

I just received notice that I was assigned an appointment by VES to attend a C/P exam 60 miles away from where I live. What can I do about this? I will have to take a day off of work.
Hopefully, someone else can offer a suggestion of how how to get the location changed.

Highly recommend you do not miss your appointment, location changed or not changed.

Good luck,
Ron

Only speaking from my experience. The closest place for me to go for my c&p exam with a dr that works with the va was 68miles away. I've had to go back and fourth 4times all for different claims I,put in for disability upgrade, very frustrating but I live in a small town and that's the closest to me. They do however pay your travel albeit not close to a full days wage. In the long run it will hopefully be worth it..

Called VBA. Told them that the appointment was to far away. They canceled the appointment so I will not get a no show and are requesting that either an appointment be made at a closer location or that it be made at the VA hospital which is 15 minutes from my house.

I also asked about my appeal, which is for a different claim. It has been in since end of July, 2018. I was told that if I elect to switch to the new Appeal Modernization program, my date of appeal would start over and it would be approximately 125 days for it to be completed, but could possibly be longer. I am choosing to let it where it is and not switch to the new system.

It changes your date in the appeal queue not your effective date. I switched and got an answer in four months instead of years. By changing the exam it delays your claim being worked as long as you are okay with that then its no big deal.

So the new exam is for a claim i put in for multiple items. Increase on Restless Leg Syndrome and Lumbar Radiculopathy, new claim for Major Depression. The depression was rated and my total disability increased to 80% total. The increases will probably only be an increase of 10% each, so that additional will not increase my total. So yeah, no big deal.

It changes your date in the appeal queue not your effective date. I switched and got an answer in four months instead of years. By changing the exam it delays your claim being worked as long as you are okay with that then its no big deal.
Spot on