Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD) Questions

Thrawn

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Apologies if someone asked these questions already or if this is the wrong place to post. Active duty servicemember - I'm in my window for filing for BDD, and recently did so with a few conditions claimed.

1. I've already completed my C&P exams for the aforementioned conditions claimed. For the BDD process, do you ever receive rating decisions before your SEAOS, or are they not going to notify me regarding what I get until after I'm officially out?

2. When I was submitting for BDD on the VA website, I wasn't familiar with the process at all, and I didn't even have full access to my medical records. I only listed 4 conditions and have since realized there's more I'd like to claim. Is it possible to add these to my current BDD claim in some manner, or will I have to wait until I'm out to claim these other conditions?

3. During one my C&P exams, I mentioned how I have migraines pretty consistently. I didn't claim migraines as a condition, because frankly I didn't do my due diligence and know that was even a condition you could claim. He told me I should 100% file a claim for that, and started screening me for that condition. He made it sound like he would be able to add that condition to my BDD as it's own claim for me, but when I check my claim status on the VA website nothing is listed apart from my initial 4 claims. Is this something that will show up later, or is it something that I'll need to file an additional claim for myself?

Thanks in advance for any information given!