Benefits for PDRL Veterans?

Tenji

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I will be separated from the Army in three months. I have been going through ortho treatment(got braces on) for a year now. I am definitely not gonna be done with the treatment by the time I am out. How does giit work after I am out? Do I have to pay out of my pocket to get it done? I have 40% from DOD and 90% from the VA.

Also,

Once I get out, I would like to go to college as a full-time student but I feel like I won't be able to take all four classes per semester. I am thinking about taking 2 or three classes at the most. Are there any educational benefits offered by the state, like free tuition for a number of classes for disabled vets? I am going to New York. I feel like it is not beneficial to use post 911 GI Bill, if i am taking just a couple of classes. Any information would be appreciated.

Any service connected disability is covered by the VA no matter the rating and you qualify for tricare as well. Not sure on the college stuff but this is best the place for great info so I'm sure you will get the right answer