BFE Fallon, NV Timeline

ameusn

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
We only have a small clinic here in Fallon, so had to fly to San Dieago for everything. Timeline kind rough because I have had a lot going on in the mean time.

Injured July '09
Back surgery Aug '11 after the multiple docs and physical therapist giving me the run around.
Got a lot of the mobility of my right leg back, but back is still shot and sciatica issues continue.
March '12 sent to Cali for MEB, sent home told to do more physical therapy
3 months of wonderfulness later therapist sends me packing because nothing she did worked(was told by my surgeon it wouldn't, but the navy doc told me to do it)
End of June go back to Cali to see same doc, he then starts the MEB stuff
End of July wrap up C&P exams
End of Aug get out of mental hospital for depression with suicidal/homicidal ideations to find my narsum needed to be signed.
Last update my stuff was sent to the VA 20 Sept.
Ebenifits says gathering evidence since July.
Good news I guess my ROM for my back should get me 40% and retired, but with a wife and 3 kids I am ready to have an idea what's going on.
Have done 3 requests for info from the VA with nothing.

Any body else get the "we can not process your call at this time" and hung up on when you call the va 1800 number? Could this be due to the storm?

Any body else get the "we can not process your call at this time" and hung up on when you call the va 1800 number? Could this be due to the storm?
just keep trying until you get lucky. It's always been like that.

I did an iris question 15 oct and got a call today. Apparently DC sent my package to the San Dieago VA office 20 sept, and my package was sent to providence for rating 23 oct and received 5 nov. Coincidence that it moved forward after I poked the bear? Supposedly they process them by start date, and mine started in July, the guy said they are averaging 4 months turn around, so we will see. Wait wait wait some more, but at leaste I know it wasn't lost (yet)

Called the 800 number after hours to schedule a call back like I read on another post, and it worked. Was told my ratings we sent back to the navy but she couldn't tell me a date they were sent. I asked what they were and she said she could not access that part of the system, and they were not supposed to tell us the ratings because they could change.

VA sent proposed ratings to PEB Dec 3rd. I figure with the holidays I am not going to see any movement any time soon, so maybe tax time. I just hope everything is right so I don't have to deal with this any more.

Called my Peblo to try and find out where my case is, and they told me that the PEB sent it back to the VA for corrections 9 Dec. No one will tell me what "corrections" are needed. More waiting, yay me!!! Makes me wonder if there was something wrong that is being fixed to my benefit, or if something is being changed to the benefit of the gov.

So no one will tell me what corrections the navy was looking for, but the va tells me that they did not find anything that needed to be corrected and sent my proposed ratings back to the navy on 5 feb. 2 months down the drain, but at leaste I'm getting paid in the mean time I guess.

Got my ratings today, 40% DoD 70% VA. Have my counseling tomorrow, 60 days and counting until I retire.

How long from unfit memo.

I never got an unfit memo, but was told by the va that they got it 20 sept 12

We only have a small clinic here in Fallon, so had to fly to San Dieago for everything. Timeline kind rough because I have had a lot going on in the mean time.

Injured July '09
Back surgery Aug '11 after the multiple docs and physical therapist giving me the run around.
Got a lot of the mobility of my right leg back, but back is still shot and sciatica issues continue.
March '12 sent to Cali for MEB, sent home told to do more physical therapy
3 months of wonderfulness later therapist sends me packing because nothing she did worked(was told by my surgeon it wouldn't, but the navy doc told me to do it)
End of June go back to Cali to see same doc, he then starts the MEB stuff
End of July wrap up C&P exams
End of Aug get out of mental hospital for depression with suicidal/homicidal ideations to find my narsum needed to be signed.
Last update my stuff was sent to the VA 20 Sept.
Ebenifits says gathering evidence since July.
Good news I guess my ROM for my back should get me 40% and retired, but with a wife and 3 kids I am ready to have an idea what's going on.
Have done 3 requests for info from the VA with nothing.
Congrats do you mind sharing what you received your ratings for?

Congrats Bud, Glad to see you got what you deserve. The Navy is medically retiring me on Monday. I am an E5 with 9 years active duty and OIF and OEF Vet. I got 30% from Navy and 100% from VA. I spent 2 months in a Mental Hospital last year too bud. You must have a great wife and good kids, to be there for you like mine were. God Bless you and cant wait til you get out. I have always been Aviation, and one of my main many dets was Fallon. I did many of the Fallon shuffles, LOL.

Congrats do you mind sharing what you received your ratings for?
40% dod is for post surgery failed back syndrome
10% for the numbness in my toes due to nerve damage from back injury
10% left knee ______ pain syndrome
10% right ankle arthritis
10% ringing in ears
10% TMJ
0% high bp
0% gerd

Without the paperwork in frount of my I have trouble with some of the medical terms, but you get the idea.

Congrats Bud, Glad to see you got what you deserve. The Navy is medically retiring me on Monday. I am an E5 with 9 years active duty and OIF and OEF Vet. I got 30% from Navy and 100% from VA. I spent 2 months in a Mental Hospital last year too bud. You must have a great wife and good kids, to be there for you like mine were. God Bless you and cant wait til you get out. I have always been Aviation, and one of my main many dets was Fallon. I did many of the Fallon shuffles, LOL.

Good to see they took care of you too 100% isn't as good as being healthy, but it will help you. I'm an AME1 OEF/OIF and hit 7 years last September. If it wasn't for the wife, I don't know where I would be. There isn't much my short career hasn't put her through. I like Fallon, but SFWPD not so much. Did you apply for SSDI?

I was approved for SSDI under the Wounded Warrior Program, but I did not take it. They would have given me $2300 month and I would not be able to work, my new Federal job pays $5000 a month. I suffer alot, but I am not ready to just sit at home. I would like to work atleast ten years, so my girls can grow up, and then I can retire from this job at age 40. If they approve you for SSDI and you are ok with being at home, or maybe they will let you work, I think the limit is $1000 a month, go for it. They usually deny you on the first look, then approve a short time later. I was lucky, that actually sent me a letter because, I fell under the Wounded Warrior Project due to injuries from OIF and OEF. GOd Bless you and good luck to you and your family.