Bilateral IT band surgery, Arthritis, Hip Pain. Help!

translucent

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Okay, so this is my first post but I am currently in the MEB/IDES program. I have already had my C&P exams and my entire MEB package is up at AFPC/VA. I have had bilateral IT band syndrome for 4 1/2 years as well as surgery on each leg which failed. I limp everywhere and I have constant, chronic pain. I also have degenerative arthritis in my hips as well as chronic lower back pain from this.

During my C&P exams, the doctor forced my limbs and said I didn't really lose too much on my range of motion, even though I was squirming and in tons of pain. In addition to these issues, I also have Anxiety, Insomnia, Panic Attacks (2-3x a week), ADHD, Depression, Scars from Surgery, a skin condition, and chronic Sinusitis (probably won't get anything for that).

I am unable to run, squat, climb anything, lift anything heavy, my legs give out on me constantly, and I waddle when I walk. I don't feel that my C&P exams accurately reflected this but that's beyond my control now.

I have already been accepted to the Voc Rehab program, but since I'm still on active duty and waiting on my ratings......it's driving me insane. Has anyone had anything similar to this? How did the VA go about rating it? Does anyone have any idea of what range for total rating or at least rating for my orthopedic issues that I can expect? Any and all information would be great. Thanks!

Deno

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Research this site while you are waiting for your results. When your results come back and your not satisfied. thats when you need to push the issue. Waiting is just part of it.

translucent

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've been reading up a ton. I just wanted to know if anyone else has these issues and what they got? I placed an inquiry with AFPC that I don't expect to do much, but I thought it was worth a try. This whole experience really makes you want to pull your hair out.

J.B.

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have an issue with the doctor forcing your leg up.. not think they can use passive ROM motion just active RIM. You may have a stand for appeal.

translucent

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah, I already plan on appealing. My timeframe and everything has gotten completely screwed. I was originally told to plan to be out in Aug, so I applied to school, Voc Rehab, took a loan for a new place, and everything. Now they're dragging their heels and I have no idea what's going on. Hahaha. It's magical. And yes, he forced even when I expressed I was in severe pain.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">