Bipolar 2 MEB

anonskywalker

Registered Member
Good afternoon,

I've been creeping on this forum for the past few weeks but I haven't been able to find much information on whether or not Bipolar 2 is actually disqualifying for continued service. A little about me: I've been in the AF for just under 10 years; I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar 2 after being admitted to an outpatient program. I've also been diagnosed with dissociative PTSD, sleep apnea and some GI issues. My only concern is whether or not the Bipolar 2 is going to result in me being separated/retired; I had plans on joining the Reserves or Guard but I will need to work on a new plan if I'm separated or retired. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, in order to treat the bipolar I've been prescribed an anti-convulsant and anti-psychotic.

Chaps_Z

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The medicine itself causes you to be undeployable. Further, you will go through the MEB/PEB process for your condition.

It is a lifelong condition that you will not get a waiver for. Hopefully you will get a good percentage to make up for the lost income of being in the reserves.

anhull

Registered Member
I'm in the same boat- bipolar 2 diagnosed in March. I have just under 3 years of service so I'm more concerned about whether I'll get retirement or not- but disability is disability. My psychologist insists bipola- both 1 and 2- generally result in retirement.
I just got my notification for IRILO and I'm meeting with the PEBLO in a couple of days to find out my timeline and other information. If I find out anything new and useful, I'll post it. Hopefully your process goes along quickly and you'll get notification of it moving along soon.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">