Board Review

MaidenTexas

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have a question.

I was med'd out and was givin a 40% rating. I went to get reval and when I called to get status, they told me that it is at the rating board. So my question is . Can it still get declined, or will my percentage be upgraded?

I am just wondering since it is that far, they may not decline. I just do not want to have to appeal my case.

Please advise

MaidenTexas:confused:

Welcome Maiden Texas.

From what I was told, percentages can stay the same, increase, or decrease depending on the medical evidence submitted at the time of the re-evaluation.

If the condition is stabilized, one of the outcomes is to rate the stabilized disability. If the percentage is 30% or more, then the individual may be transferred to the PDRL.

If the condition is not stabilized, the medical evidence will be reviewed for a precentage rating which could remain the same or change as stated above.

Again, this is only what I was advised before I departed AD by someone from my MTF.

I hope this helps.

Purple,

Thanks for the information. I just wasnt sure what is going to happen. Like I said, I am at 40% now and when I was reval, the doctor didnt even look at the injury, she just took notes of what I said and how I am feeling and that was the end of my eval. I have statements from the Ortho doctor that was submitted as well. I guess we will see what the board says. Just thought once the paper work was at the review board, it will automatically be upgraded.

MaidenTexas

Since the doctor basically wrote down what you stated, then couldn't that be a plus for you?:) You gave the doctor a snapshot of your health condition(s) right (i.e. decrease in your health, or improvement in your health)? Those doctor's notes will assist in the determination of the rating for the unfitting condition(s).

Yes that is exactly what happened. Gave that doctor everything and told her everything. Is there a way we can track the status of it instead of waiting on the phone for 30 minutes at a time?

MT

I don't know of a way to track the status. But, if I hear something, I will post it. If you should find a way to track the status, please let me know too.