Bragg Med Board

gspkak

Registered Member
Hey all,

This is my first post on here. Got a question for you since I am lost and confused. I was put in for the Med Board on 26 May 2020. I was assigned a PEBLO and had a phone interview with the MEB Dr. Other than that nothing has been done. I have not heard from my PEBLO in two months. I go to the VA website and it states my claim is still in the evidence gathering phase with an estimation date of 31 Jul 2021. No one has reached out to me for my VA exams. I understand things are slow due to virus but this is ridiculous. Anyone else having these issues?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Everyone had issues due to COVID. The VA practically stopped doing C&P exam and healthcare visit. Hopefully you will get some progress soon. Visit your PEBLO.

Welcome to the Board!

tmoney614

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm assuming you had your initial appointment with the VA MSC? If you've started the claims process and are waiting to hear from QTC, you can call them directly at 800-682-9701 and try to schedule the exams yourself. This worked for me. The QTC people were pretty easy to deal with on the phone as well.

gspkak

Registered Member
If the VA MSC is different than the MEB Dr. than no I have not had an appt. with them. The MEB Dr. went over all my conditions and claims and said my PEBLO will contact me when my VA exams are scheduled. Haven't heard from anyone in over two months. Tried emailing and calling PEBLO but no answer. He's working from home so I guess he's at the pool.

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have been waiting since 30 Mar 2020 for exams. I was told by my MSC today that QTC has accepted my exam request but they are "pending scheduling".

gspkak

Registered Member
Finally received my VA exam dates.
SEP 17- pretty much all exams
SEP 23- vision
SEP 29- hearing
OCT 7- PSC
OCT 15- psych
Received the email from VA and just received documents in the mail yesterday. Still haven't heard a word from my PEBLO since the beginning of June.

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Well, I had two exams with QTC. One with a NP that went over all my claimed and referred conditions and one with audiology for a hearing test. I guess it is standard practice to do a hearing test, because I claimed nothing to do with my ears or hearing. Just did hearing yesterday.....now the waiting game.

QTC sent me forms to fill out ahead of time that were pretty much the DBQ's for my conditions. The appointment was pretty much the NP typing what I put on the forms and asking a couple of questions followed with taking measurements. She did request copies of some of the MRI's, x-rays and EMG's that I have had done. Other than that, she must have just used what I put on the forms.

So, if they send you forms, I highly recommend you do leg work on filling them out with correct verbiage and details to support your desired outcome. I would have been much more verbose if I had known that was how it would go.

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Well, I thought I was done with appointments....just got a call for another appointment this Friday for x-rays. Fingers crossed, this will be the last thing.

Some of this seems to be a waste of time and money. I claimed nothing to do with my ears or hearing, yet I had to do a hearing test. I have had x-rays and MRI's that were included in my packet in March, yet I have to go get x-rays....SMH

Last edited:

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
If the VA MSC is different than the MEB Dr. than no I have not had an appt. with them. The MEB Dr. went over all my conditions and claims and said my PEBLO will contact me when my VA exams are scheduled. Haven't heard from anyone in over two months. Tried emailing and calling PEBLO but no answer. He's working from home so I guess he's at the pool.
The MSC is a VA employee that helps members file their claims. He/she will usually go through your medical records and suggest which contentions you should claim.

JoePlasm

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ft Bragg's MSC - are still confined to working from home.

It's possible they are "skipping a step" and sending your NARSUM outline to MSC, having MSC make the claims list, and then send to QTC. cutting out your one face 2 face appt. that takes place between those two things.

Not sure if that's what's happening, but my Bragg MSC is still workign from home and is almost complete incommunicado and just goes through the PEBLO at the moment.

gspkak

Registered Member
I did receive a call from someone a while ago who went through all my claims with me. Might have been the MSC. Thought she said she was the Dr. on the MEB side. Had my main exam yesterday. Went pretty good with no issues. The rest are scattered up till Oct 7. Still haven't heard from PEBLO. Thought he was the one that was supposed to notify me of exams. Haven't heard from him since the beginning of June. Does not answer my calls or emails.

Sethmeisterrr

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I did receive a call from someone a while ago who went through all my claims with me. Might have been the MSC. Thought she said she was the Dr. on the MEB side. Had my main exam yesterday. Went pretty good with no issues. The rest are scattered up till Oct 7. Still haven't heard from PEBLO. Thought he was the one that was supposed to notify me of exams. Haven't heard from him since the beginning of June. Does not answer my calls or emails.
I would call the ides office of your instillation.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">