Burn pits in Iraq / Afghanistan

Jayson69

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am going to keep up this thread and I hope each and everyone of you can contribute on this issue.I have notice there are a lot of people who have suffered some form of issues related to the Burn Pits. I am attaching an article that was posted in the Army Times by Patricia Kime (Medical Reporter) http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/08/military-VA-DoD-airborne-health-hazards-symposium-082212w/ Please take the time and read the article, I found it disturbing.
Everyone's input is very important, so please contribute your thoughts.

Sounds like all the other BS articles I have read since I became sick from the pits...they want to downplay our issues. At least it is getting more attention lately, though.

That is why we need to keep the topic alive. They are trying to do us dirty.

Hello everyone, I am on a quest to help those who have been affected buy Environmental issues while Deployed in Iraq. If your Unit was in Mosul, Iraq between January 2003 thru December 2003, this is for you.

http://www.motleyrice.com/news/view/veterans-affairs-department-addresses-burn-pits-and-environmental-hazards

Click on the 30 page memo and copy it. Then Click on this link:

http://www-archive.thoracic.org/sections/publications/press-releases/conference/articles/2008/abstracts-and-press-releases/King-Iraq-bronchiolitis.pdf

Make sure you have an NCOER, Counseling Statement, or ERB showing that you was deployed in Mosul. EX. 101st Airborne Division. Soldiers who have Constrictive Broncholitis due to the Sulfur Fire should be Combat Related. If you are on TDRL, this information is very vital to your case to get what you deserve. Plus the VA will have to do the right thing as well. I found it disturbing that DOD couldn't notify Soldiers that were affected by the Sulfer Fire. I hope this does help you guys. I will keep you up to date on my TDRL Re-Evaluation.

Have you heard of anyone with sarcoidosis from these types of exposures or inclusion body Myositis?

I am also trying to track this information. I was a medevac out of Afghanistan last month due to severe respiratory issues (burn pits/dust), and am now in a WTU with MEB papers just dropped this week. They are calling it asthma, but I believe only becaus they aren't sure what else to call it.

While in WTU, you need to be adimate about your health care. If you don't have a pulmonary doctor, I would get one. and get as much testing done so that you can get a definitive answer. It is best to have civilian doctor who is outside the box of the military.

My husband was at JBB in Iraq from 08 to 09 and his former unit has no records of him being in the area which doesn't help his case with the VA (he was sent from Kuwait into Iraq with a small group; the rest of his unit stayed in Kuwait). He now has exercise induced asthma and was one of those that ran the burn pits...what can he do to actually have proof for his VA claim if anything?

Wikileaks has records of unit SIGACTS if you can remember specific incidents that pinpoint your unit assignment at Balad, Mosul or any area that KBR controlled the burn pits. Sworn statements from your fellow service members from your unit will also strengthen your claim.

Here is a study that I came across awhile back

Attachments

• 228111120-Iraq-Dust-is-Respirable-Sharp-And-Metal-Laden-2.pdf
    775 KB · Views: 9