California National Guard LOD- Denied- appeal pending

MAJ Johnson

Registered Member
Long story short,

I was on active duty and was suffering with undiagnosed symptoms of PTSD. I had been previously diagnosed with Depression. I was removed from my position and ordered to come off orders. I asked for a LOD and it was approved for depression. The command was very upset about this and opened re opened up the LOD and also opened up a UCMJ investigation and accused me of fraud, misrepresentation and conduct unbecoming of an officer. The charges did not stick but the LOD was determined to be Existed prior to service, not service aggravated.

After that, (September 15 2020) I got tested for PTSD, The military doctor administered a CAPS and determined I have PTSD-delayed onset. To be safe, I also was seen by my VA Psychiatrist who also diagnosed me with PTSD and determined it to be service connected. (I also get a 70% rating from the VA this month).

The California guard is rushing to administratively medically discharge me and demanding I sign paperwork to discharge me. They stated that my first LOD stated existed prior to service and seem adamant about getting me out as soon as possible. I am not sure what to do. My disabilities are debilitating and I feel the guard has done nothing but make it worse with their false accusations. I need help and don't know what to do.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Get an attorney. The NG are difficult regarding LOD. Several years ago some major newspapers exposed the Cali guard, but the CANG dug in.

peblawyer.com

MAJ Johnson

Registered Member
Roger, can you recommend a good attorney? I am at my wits end with these people.?