Camp Lejeune timeline

Also do you have your new decision letter? I saw you posted your first one what was different from your 1st to second Letter
Yeah I do. I'll post them with redacted info.

I called and got the following files on May 21st:
DECISION LETTER
IMG_4096.jpeg
PROPOSAL TO PEB
IMG_4099.jpegIMG_4100.jpeg

A week later my claim closes and I manage to get the VA** to send me the subsequent development letter (not attaching, it's just a note about scars I can claim. This is noted in the VSR instructions.

The file:

IMG_4094.png

Yeah I do. I'll post them with redacted info.

I called and got the following files on May 21st:
DECISION LETTER
View attachment 10705
PROPOSAL TO PEB
View attachment 10707View attachment 10708

A week later my claim closes and I manage to get the VA** to send me the subsequent development letter (not attaching, it's just a note about scars I can claim. This is noted in the VSR instructions.

The file:

View attachment 10704
I never got the first one but your second one is almost verbatim what mine says

I never got the first one but your second one is almost verbatim what mine says
I would venture to guess they're temporary files meant only for the VSR to handle. I'm relatively certain both letters were handled by one part of the team and the final one was handled by a different part. It was explained to me that they can't defer claims so the old one was thrown out: conveniently I saw everything else and why they rated it the way they did.

It does confuse me though since others seem to be getting BELs formatted like a decision letter as a norm. I'm gonna assume that's a clerical error and they're meant to only attach the combined proposal with individualized ratings only being made apparent to the PEB itself.

I'm gonna also assume that the entire point of the QA period is to format any and all correspondence in relation to separation. Examples would include the final breakdown after checking for errors or impossible ratings, potential pyramiding, and in my case specifically I would also assume time to find my entrance exam.

I'm also gonna assume that from the 17th to the 28th they probably did not find my entrance exam, even if they did it didn't change anything.

I'm wondering
I would venture to guess they're temporary files meant only for the VSR to handle. I'm relatively certain both letters were handled by one part of the team and the final one was handled by a different part. It was explained to me that they can't defer claims so the old one was thrown out: conveniently I saw everything else and why they rated it the way they did.

It does confuse me though since others seem to be getting BELs formatted like a decision letter as a norm. I'm gonna assume that's a clerical error and they're meant to only attach the combined proposal with individualized ratings only being made apparent to the PEB itself.

I'm gonna also assume that the entire point of the QA period is to format any and all correspondence in relation to separation. Examples would include the final breakdown after checking for errors or impossible ratings, potential pyramiding, and in my case specifically I would also assume time to find my entrance exam.

I'm also gonna assume that from the 17th to the 28th they probably did not find my entrance exam, even if they did it didn't change anything.
Usually your entrance exam is in your ompf. I had to get mine from there since they couldn't find mine

I also wonder if everyone gets there ratings closed as BEL the decision letter they get is the first one you posted and if the second one is the actual one for being found unfit

I also wonder if everyone gets there ratings closed as BEL the decision letter they get is the first one you posted and if the second one is the actual one for being found unfit
I don't think the format or naming conventions matter. Although the verbiage makes me curious.

This is just a mental exercise at this point but worth a thought:

A decision letter states:
has been referred to a Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) as unfit for
continued military service.
The "notification letter" states:
Your military service department requested a disability assessment from VA because you were
found unfit for continued military service.

Being referred as unfit versus being found unfit seems pretty certain. But who knows. I'm as anxious as all of you. Not to mention we weren't supposed to see these files, so it's hard to derive much meaning from it.

Take your mind off things and try to breathe for the weekend.

I don't think the format or naming conventions matter. Although the verbiage makes me curious.

This is just a mental exercise at this point but worth a thought:

A decision letter states:

The "notification letter" states:

Being referred as unfit versus being found unfit seems pretty certain. But who knows. I'm as anxious as all of you. Not to mention we weren't supposed to see these files, so it's hard to derive much meaning from it.

Take your mind off things and try to breathe for the weekend.
That is true. Alot of unknowns and maybes but that's to happen since they throw you in this process and get no communication from anyone. The anxiety is definitely the worst part of the whole process

Anyone got any updates? Been a few days now.

Someone posted this in a Facebook group just more info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240605_070247_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240605_070247_Facebook.jpg
    832.1 KB · Views: 29
Someone posted this in a Facebook group just more info
Doesn't serve much save to say the VA *really* likes the Marine Corps and we're the 2nd worst branch to go through this process just barely beating out the Navy. Which is pretty ironic since they handle our medical.

No updates here, waiting to call Jeff either tomorrow or next week since two people including Jeff told me to call in a couple weeks after my claim closed.

Just got a call saying my claim has left decision phase and is with the rater. Small wins..is this stage the same as prepare for notification?

Just got a call saying my claim has left decision phase and is with the rater. Small wins..is this stage the same as prepare for notification?
All that means is they have everything they need in one spot for them to review and assign a proposal to. It is good news. Preparation for notification is when they have a proposal finished and complete, and they are preparing to send out a letter stating what their proposals are. As you've probably seen on other threads, you won't get your claim to populate until they run through every stage on the same day they complete it and attach a few files and send it to the PEB for them to make their final judgements.

It should be next week or the following for most people in here on findings. Anyone get them this week?

It should be next week or the following for most people in here on findings. Anyone get them this week?
Haven’t heard anything from the PEB side yet. I’ve been scouring the forums for any hints of information to see if there’s any movement from anyone.