Can/should I contact my SSDI DDS rep?

LadyB_USAF

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I’ve filed my claim and it is Pending Decision from the state DDS.

For those that have gone through the process...

Is it safe/encouraged to contact my DDS claims rep? I spoke with her briefly when I faxed the functions reports to her in December. I just want to get the status of my claim...

I called mine several times. She was very nice and professional. She helped me to get a neurology exam set up and she helped me through the process.

The DDS rep. or your local office usually won't tell you and refer you to the official letter that will be send out to you. However, on the SSA.GOV website my status changed within 72hrs from pending decision to decision made and was viewable.

No problem,
I filed 15 October and decision was made 06Jan. I applied under the 100% P&T rating provision to have it expedited, did not have a CE exam. My claim was denied and my attorney just files for reconsideration and already told me that it most likely will go before a judge. I filed in Kentucky amd
Every state has different processing times, but in general I believe their goal is 90 days on the initial decision. Keep in mind that the denial rate is north of 70% on initial claims.
Good luck..

I submitted my application mid October as well. Filed under 100% P&T. Was just told that my file should be assigned to someone at the DDS within the next week.

Hoping you get a positive outcome this time around!

I wish you good luck and a positive outcome as well. I am in for the long haul on this one and see what happen.