Can you promote while undergoing MEB in Air Force?

6brook

Registered Member
I have been unable to find the reg or AFI. So does anyone know if you lose your stripe/line # to MEB? Do you promote on time? Or do you have to wait until MEB is finished? Any guidance in the right direction would be severely helpful.

goldberg1

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
A MEB doesn't prevent an Airman from promoting. What would prevent promotion would be UIF, control roster....

danieldresen

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
http://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/af_a1/publication/afi36-2502/afi_36-2502.pdf

is unfit to perform the duties of the grade due to physical disability as decided by the Secretary of the Air Force (SAF). PES code L (NOTE: Do not use PES code L for individuals pending medical evaluation board (MEB) or physical evaluation board (PEB). Promote Airmen who remain on active duty in a limited assignment status (LAS). If returned to active duty from Temporary Disability Retired List (TDRL), the DOR is the original date of promotion. The effective date is date returned to active duty) (see note 8).

Based on this, as long as you are not coded L, and were previously eligible, you should still be eligible. Army is different. If you were eligible, they can weigh you even though you have upteen million medical issues and half cause an inability to safely lose weight... and still deny you. Kinda BS, but it is what it is. That is why I have an SF 95. I am demanding promotion or separation on the basis of my current PEB with the continuation of my LOD since they don't want to do things the right way.

Airforcematt

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If your board is not complete then you still promote unless things have changed in the past year - see the references below for full details - I used them to put my asshole of a supervisor in his place and proudly retired with the stripe I earned. Best of luck to you!

AFI 36-2502, (Airman Promotion/Demotion Programs) Page nine, Table 1.1, Item number 7 &

AFI 36-3212 (Physical Evaluation for Retention, Retirement, And Separation) Page 9, Table 4.2, Item Q

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">