15yearArmygavigan21

Registered Member
Hello all,

I am new to this and looking for some clarification/guidance. I have served for 10 years in the Active Army and have been in the reserves for 4 years now. Last winter I tore my ACL which led to needing surgery. When undergoing testing before that it was found that I have cardiomyopathy resulting in a left ventricular ejection fraction of 40%. Over the past few weeks I have been having daily problems with this resulting in chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness and headaches. I am in treatment with my cardiologist to alleviate these problems. The VA has already awarded me 60% for my heart, 30% for migraines and 10% for my knee (a combined total of 80%). My Unit is aware of the problems and told me to wait until I’m medically cleared before they look at a MEB. So my question is will I eventually be sent to the MEB? If so what are the chances that they find me unfit for duty and need to be separated from service? If I do get separated would it be medical retirement or just discharged?

This process is very complicated, it difficult and even unwise to speculate on what may eventually happen.
Is your cardiomyopathy service connected?

Yes, each service has a regulation. If you look at the Resources tab on this website the regulation is there.