Case assigned to analyst BCMR????

grunt8914

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received a reply from the BCMR today saying my case has been assigned to analyst for consideration by the board. Does anyone know exactly what this means has my case finally moved along somewhat? And if it has does anyone know a time frame after it is assigned to an analyst? Any help would be appreciated.

The various Boards of Correction assign cases to analysts- typically GS-9 to GS-12 (law students, management internship awardees, career DOD personnel) who draft a brief for the Board members. This brief is typically adopted by the Board as its decision, albeit with some edits. This is because, by their own record-keeping system, Board members typically spend less than 30 minutes on each case due to the volume of petitions. Thus, the examiner's brief is critical. The assignment of a case to an analyst usually occurs after the Board has received any advisory opinions from the agency- like a defendant's response to a lawsuit- and your response if any. If you are denied relief and filing a motion for reconsideration, always ask for copies of the examiner's brief to check it for errors, misunderstandings, etc.