Case lost at PEB during conversion

Darkfeather

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am posting this in multiple areas because I do not want to see anyone else have to deal with this.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up that there are issues and it takes fighting for yourself to get it taken care of. I have put several posts up about my waiting for the "PEB Findings" Phase to be completed, today marks day 91 that I have been waiting for my DA-199. Unfortunately I am Dual-Status Technician in the National Guard and we do not have Ombudsman or on post assistance for the IDES process. Fortunately for me, I am friends with the State Surgeon who finally stepped in and started asking questions. Below is a response from the Personnel Management Officer for the National Capitol Region Physical Evaluation Board (NCR PEB).

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

It looks like the transition from our old system to the new system, this case was lost.

The admin folks are re-building the packet now.
Next in the process is or was to send notification to the VA to have the SM ratings re-looked at.
Once that’s complete (2 weeks- min) they will send back to us we will re-apply the ratings if changed and send back to the SM / PEBLO for his election.
Thanks for asking an uncovering this case.

v/r

Blah Blah Blah

1st - I have been asking my PEBLO to check on the status for 2 months, the answer I always got was "the PEB is working as quickly as possible"

2nd - When it was escalated by my supervisor, the PEBLO straight out lied by saying "everything looks good in the system and that it would just take time to get it done"

3rd - The Personnel Management Officer for the PEB is saying that the VA needs to "re-look" at a rating.... this was completed and I received a letter from the VA stating this almost 2 months ago. The rating was originally overlooked because it is part of a two year old appeal that is still active, but they rated it for "PEB Purposes" and sent it to the PEB on 23 Feb.

The point to this post...... If you feel that something is not right because it is taking incredibly longer than others in your Unit/Command to complete the same phase, then take matters into your hands and fight for it. Do not accept the answer from your PEBLO when they say...."the PEB is working as quickly as possible", do not hesitate to seek help ie... Ombudsman, State Surgeon, MEDCOM..... most of all be ready to dig your heels in and fight for yourself, this process reaffirms the old adage: "If you aren't willing to fight for yourself, neither will anyone else"

Wow, that has to be beyond disappointing. Hopefully your case will receive expedited handling.

This is making me worry now. My ratings were sent to the PEB on the 18th of February. When I tried to call the PEB a couple of days ago, they basically told me to talk to my PEBLO. They also said that there is no set timeline for PEB findings and I could be waiting another 6 months for all she knows.

This is making me worry now. My ratings were sent to the PEB on the 18th of February. When I tried to call the PEB a couple of days ago, they basically told me to talk to my PEBLO. They also said that there is no set timeline for PEB findings and I could be waiting another 6 months for all she knows.

I just talked to my Technician Deputy Commander who is a COL, he told me that he actually spoke with Our State Surgeon yesterday and the State Surgeon swore up and down there was no way that my packet could be lost in the system. The COL asked the State Surgeon to humor him and make a few phone calls to double check and low and behold that is when the Personnel Management Officer for the National Capitol Region Physical Evaluation Board (NCR PEB) looked my case file up and discovered that I was "lost".

If I remember correctly you are in the Guard as well, if there is a senior Officer or senior NCO that you can get to talk to your State Surgeon and have them check with the Personnel Management Officer up in DC, it might be worth your while. I am now seeing fellow Soldiers in my Unit having their cases move through the "PEB Findings" phase in as little as 3 days.

I'm going through TAP (ACAP) at Fort Knox all next week. When I come back on the 1st, I'm going to start some shit if I haven't heard anything. I really don't care about stepping on toes at this point. I know I'm headed to the house eventually...lol

I am posting this in multiple areas because I do not want to see anyone else have to deal with this.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up that there are issues and it takes fighting for yourself to get it taken care of. I have put several posts up about my waiting for the "PEB Findings" Phase to be completed, today marks day 91 that I have been waiting for my DA-199. Unfortunately I am Dual-Status Technician in the National Guard and we do not have Ombudsman or on post assistance for the IDES process. Fortunately for me, I am friends with the State Surgeon who finally stepped in and started asking questions. Below is a response from the Personnel Management Officer for the National Capitol Region Physical Evaluation Board (NCR PEB).

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

It looks like the transition from our old system to the new system, this case was lost.

The admin folks are re-building the packet now.
Next in the process is or was to send notification to the VA to have the SM ratings re-looked at.
Once that’s complete (2 weeks- min) they will send back to us we will re-apply the ratings if changed and send back to the SM / PEBLO for his election.
Thanks for asking an uncovering this case.

v/r

Blah Blah Blah

1st - I have been asking my PEBLO to check on the status for 2 months, the answer I always got was "the PEB is working as quickly as possible"

2nd - When it was escalated by my supervisor, the PEBLO straight out lied by saying "everything looks good in the system and that it would just take time to get it done"

3rd - The Personnel Management Officer for the PEB is saying that the VA needs to "re-look" at a rating.... this was completed and I received a letter from the VA stating this almost 2 months ago. The rating was originally overlooked because it is part of a two year old appeal that is still active, but they rated it for "PEB Purposes" and sent it to the PEB on 23 Feb.

The point to this post...... If you feel that something is not right because it is taking incredibly longer than others in your Unit/Command to complete the same phase, then take matters into your hands and fight for it. Do not accept the answer from your PEBLO when they say...."the PEB is working as quickly as possible", do not hesitate to seek help ie... Ombudsman, State Surgeon, MEDCOM..... most of all be ready to dig your heels in and fight for yourself, this process reaffirms the old adage: "If you aren't willing to fight for yourself, neither will anyone else"
Wow DF, most apologies. Absolutely unacceptable, yet there is no accountability.

My Meb was closed out and sent to PEB on 22 February. The PEB did not receive it until 31 March. On Thursday I was told that there was still one voting signature missing. Even though it is supposed to be only 15 days for the memo, it has been 2 months now but the
IDES timeline on AKO only has me behind by 9 days.

Day 104 and still waiting on the PEB and my DA-199. Since they finally realized that my case was dropped out of the system during the conversion in January, I would think that they might put a little precedence in getting it resolved. Oh, there I go thinking again..... With 30 years of service I have figured out that, what could or should be done is usually the opposite of what actually happens. However, I am glad to see that they are finally starting to get some of the other folks that have been held up finished. My day will come ;)

I called my PEBLO last week and asked her if it would help if I called my congressman. She said no and then called me back 10 minutes later saying that she called the PEB and they were in the process of generating my 199. I asked her how long it would take to finish and get the signatures and she told me that I should see if by the end of this week. If this was a delaying tactic on her part, she's going to get the shocker on Monday when I actually do call my congressman. I always counsel others to be patient and I can no longer practice what I preach. I hate the fact that my future is still in limbo :(

mrando69, contacting my congressman is my next step. Thank you for sharing this... I am at +34 days and no DA 199! As many others, I have been denied job opportunities because I can't provide them with a solid start date. This is very frustrating. I guess all the matters is that these PEBLOs have a job and content with sitting on their rear waiting on shit, rather than taking initiative and helping Soldiers by calling the PEB... My PEBLO indicated that calling the PEB was frowned upon...