Chances of IMR decreasing rating?

I'm currently going through a MEB for depression and anxiety, but would prefer to return to duty. Today I spoke to a PEBLO about requesting an IMR and was advised that it might hurt me by decreasing my current disability percentage, but still finding me unfit to serve. Is this possible/likely? The criteria for fitness/unfitness relative to mental health are frustratingly opaque, and I keep hearing different advice from different quarters. The PEBLO said that the reviewer would be a medical doctor and inclined to rubber-stamp the psychiatrist's opinion while dismissing out of hand any objections on my part. Has anyone else had this happen? How did it end up?

I'm currently going through a MEB for depression and anxiety, but would prefer to return to duty. Today I spoke to a PEBLO about requesting an IMR and was advised that it might hurt me by decreasing my current disability percentage, but still finding me unfit to serve. Is this possible/likely? The criteria for fitness/unfitness relative to mental health are frustratingly opaque, and I keep hearing different advice from different quarters. The PEBLO said that the reviewer would be a medical doctor and inclined to rubber-stamp the psychiatrist's opinion while dismissing out of hand any objections on my part. Has anyone else had this happen? How did it end up?
What branch are you? I ask because it seems every branch has different medical standards for retention.

If you truly want to stay in, the "decrease in disability percentage" risk shouldn't stray your decision as you can't get a VA payment and military pay at the same time. The Army does seem to rubber stamp psychiatrist's diagnosis very quickly. I would absolutely advise you seek civilian legal counsel if you feel like the medical side of the house is against you on this desire.

The owner of this site (@Jason Perry) is really good at his job and can, at a minimum, give you advice on how to proceed. www.peblawyer.com or 1-800-576-5648

It is important to be single minded during the MEB/PEB process. If you goal is to stay in then you must do those things that minimize the affect of your injury/illness. People who try to play it both ways usually lose.

The most important thing you can do for yourself, is decide what you want then decide if it is realistic. If it is realisitc then pursue it without deviation.