Change in eBenefits.

LeMad13

Registered Member
Okay, so I know eBenefits is not always reliable, but I check it every once in a while anyway just because I know it is there. Packet has been at the Seattle office waiting for ratings now for almost 3 months. Every time I check eBenefits it is in "Review of Evidence" and says "Requested documents past due." I called the 1800 number just to be sure they had everything and they confirmed they did and to ignore that. Well, I checked eBenefits again just now and its still in the "Review of Evidence" phase, but the "Requested documents past due" is no longer there. This happen to anyone else? Hoping it might be a sign someone is finally working on the claims but I don't want to get my hopes up!

Dont depend on Ebenefits while in IDES its very unreliable, if something is needed your PEBLO will inform you

Mine did the same thing over a week ago. I was thinking the same as you but have'nt seen any movement. Talked to my PEBLO and they couldn't give any details on it. I'm 126 days at the VA.

Are you in the IDES? If so, eBenefits is very unreliable just as others have stated.
Are you Army or do you have Army Knowledge Online? As I was getting out (March of this year) the My MEB/PEB section was getting upgraded and was rather spot on in terms of when the next step was completed. I would see a change there then call my PEBLO or VAMSC and they would confirm it and we'd move on to the next step.

I do believe it is good to become really familiar with eBenefits mostly for when you get out. You'll have to request most of your medical, disability, and education benefits through this portal.

Hope this help and keep us posted!

What is IDES and who has access to that?

What is IDES and who has access to that?
IDES is Integrated Disability Evaluation System. The current name for a Med Board. The process is used by Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines. In a nutshell, your MEB/PEB and VA C&P evaluations happen concurrently. All ratings (%) come from the VA. Each branch of service is responsible for determining what conditions their members have meet/fail retention standards.

Thanks!

. Every time I check eBenefits it is in "Review of Evidence" and says "Requested documents past due." I called the 1800 number just to be sure they had everything and they confirmed they did and to ignore that. Well, I checked eBenefits again just now and its still in the "Review of Evidence" phase, but the "Requested documents past due" is no longer there. This happen to anyone else? Hoping it might be a sign someone is finally working on the claims but I don't want to get my hopes up!

I seem to be in a similar boat. i am stuck at gathering evidence, with evidence past due. My packet has been at Seattle for almost a month. The one time i called the 800 Number they though my packet was in Atlanta.

I seem to be in a similar boat. i am stuck at gathering evidence, with evidence past due. My packet has been at Seattle for almost a month. The one time i called the 800 Number they though my packet was in Atlanta.

You have a long way to go as far as waiting, the average wait time is around 160 days