Chap 61 Medical Retirement and CRDP

dfminor

Registered Member
I was medically retired while on AGR in 2010. I received 30% from the Army and at the same time, I had my 20 year letter from the USAR. At the time, I was 80% disabled from the VA. Last year, I was upgraded to 100% P&T with the VA and with the offset ( 30% Army - 100% VA), I do not receive any financial retirement from the Army. In February, I turn 60 and will be eligible for the USAR retirement and CRDP. My question is: Will my CRDP be based on the 30% medical retirement or the USAR non regular retirement (43% based on points)?

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I was medically retired while on AGR in 2010. I received 30% from the Army and at the same time, I had my 20 year letter from the USAR. At the time, I was 80% disabled from the VA. Last year, I was upgraded to 100% P&T with the VA and with the offset ( 30% Army - 100% VA), I do not receive any financial retirement from the Army. In February, I turn 60 and will be eligible for the USAR retirement and CRDP. My question is: Will my CRDP be based on the 30% medical retirement or the USAR non regular retirement (43% based on points)?
Hello @dfminor ,

As you likely know, you must apply for the RC retirement; it does not occur automatically.

CRDP does not restore waived retired that is considered the DoD disability portion (i.e., amount in excess of the computed longevity retirement amount),

Your CRDP will be the longevity amount which will be:
--43% per your comment = longevity multiplier
--Average high three base pay x longevity multiplier = reserve retired pay (which will be CRDP in your case)

CRDP is retired pay itself.

Average high three base pay: The total of the highest 36 months of base pay divided by 36.

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">