Is there merit behind this and which is most likely to be chosen in this situation if it gets to CG

• MEB

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Chapter 14-12a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

grimlee

Registered Member
Bear with me for just a minute. In may I was referred to the MEB and have since completed most of the process. I am now almost done, my ratings should be in any day now, and my 1st SGT is now pushing for an administrative separation under chapter 14-12a for minor infractions. I have already been found physically unfit and it wasn't until after that happened that the command decided to push for this with no new negative actions at all to support it. All the information I am getting is that they are wasting their time and that legal probably wont accept it and if by some chance they do then the CG will go with the MEB on this one. Regardless of that though, it is extremely stressful to have in the back of my mind and looking for any information I can get pertaining to this. I'm trying to get a piece of mind and maybe some advice if anybody has any. TIA for anything you guys have.

Bear with me for just a minute. In may I was referred to the MEB and have since completed most of the process. I am now almost done, my ratings should be in any day now, and my 1st SGT is now pushing for an administrative separation under chapter 14-12a for minor infractions. I have already been found physically unfit and it wasn't until after that happened that the command decided to push for this with no new negative actions at all to support it. All the information I am getting is that they are wasting their time and that legal probably wont accept it and if by some chance they do then the CG will go with the MEB on this one. Regardless of that though, it is extremely stressful to have in the back of my mind and looking for any information I can get pertaining to this. I'm trying to get a piece of mind and maybe some advice if anybody has any. TIA for anything you guys have.

im a spc with almost 3yrs in service I deployed to Iraq once Im currently being evaluated for a tbi I have p3 profile for my left shoulder and leg and I have been having psych problems since march 2017 and well documented by behavior health providers , in Sep I messed and popped hot on a ua I know im a dirt bag just wondering if im going to get to meb my co read my 14-12c general under/Honorable yesterday , I just need some great advice im stationed here at Campbell

Popping hot is most likely the reason for the chapter. You need a good lawyer. They are going to have to convince the CG that your drug use was because your judgment was clouded from TBI and you were self medicating.

If your not in a MEB currently, you will be evaluated as part of the chapter process.

Popping hot is most likely the reason for the chapter. You need a good lawyer. They are going to have to convince the CG that your drug use was because your judgment was clouded from TBI and you were self medicating.

If your not in a MEB currently, you will be evaluated as part of the chapter process.
Thank you

MEB is no a free ride for misconduct. The GC will decide if your behavior was a symptom of you disease or just bad conduct. If you are in this position you need legal counsel. You also may want to refrain from posting in social media about the incident.

MEB is no a free ride for misconduct. The GC will decide if your behavior was a symptom of you disease or just bad conduct. If you are in this position you need legal counsel. You also may want to refrain from posting in social media about the incident.

@gsfowler I'm already going through the meb , and too chaplain Charlie I'm not try to find a free ride i already have problems when I was back form down range

im a spc with almost 3yrs in service I deployed to Iraq once Im currently being evaluated for a tbi I have p3 profile for my left shoulder and leg and I have been having psych problems since march 2017 and well documented by behavior health providers , in Sep I messed and popped hot on a ua I know im a dirt bag just wondering if im going to get to meb my co read my 14-12c general under/Honorable yesterday , I just need some great advice im stationed here at Campbell

I can tell you that if a MEB is initiated at the end of the MEB procees both the chapter and the MEB go up to the CG. The CG determines if you are separated/retired based on the results of the MEB or if you are chaptered for the misconduct.

In regards to the original question, @grimlee, you can still be chaptered. Legal advisers a CDR and I don't think they can flat out tell a CDR they can't initiate the chapter if it is legally sound/sufficient. If they do initiate, it'll come down to the CG as you said.

A quick update no news but my friend write a statement admitting his own misconduct and why i popped hot was his fault i just hope im dound innocent