Chapter 36 Vocational counseling (advanced notice)

Ari17

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone, i have applied for the correction of my military record and to upgrade my discharge from uncharacterize to honorable medical retirement.
I was partially granted and i sue the the board and ask the Court to void my discharge and they answer by saying the review they did is not final because i have introduced a new review that they are reviewing and ask the Court to stay until review of their review.

Now yesterday i receive 3 emails notification from the va ebenefit as follow :
Dear Transitioning Servicemember,

The US Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) Service understands you are in the process of separating from the military. As such, the VR&E program may be able to assist you while you transition. The National Defense Authorization Act established VR&E eligibility and automatic entitlement for severely injured active duty individuals before a VA rating is issued (Public Law 110-181, Section 1631(b)).

Also, you are eligible for the program if you expect to receive an honorable discharge upon separation from active duty, obtain a VA disability memorandum rating of 20 percent, show entitlement based on establishment of the employment barrier resulting from a service-connected disability, and apply for VR&E services.

To find out more about VR&E, or to submit an Application for Veteran Readiness (VA Form 28-1900), please visit VR&E's website (Veteran Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31) | Veterans Affairs).

Thank you for your service - now let us serve you!

VR&E Service
-
If you have a disability that prevents you from working or makes it difficult to work OR you have one of the conditions listed below regardless of your employment status, you may qualify for an extension of the SGLI coverage you had in service at no cost to you. If you apply and are approved, your coverage will be extended for up to two years from your separation date.

Conditions That Provide Eligibility for the Free Extension of SGLI Regardless of Employment Status
- Permanent loss of use of both hands
- Permanent loss of use of both feet
- Permanent loss of use of both eyes
- Permanent loss of use of one hand and one foot
- Permanent loss of use of one foot and one eye
- Permanent loss of use of one hand and one eye
- Total loss of hearing in both ears
- Organic loss of speech (lost ability to express oneself, both by voice and whisper, through normal organs for speech - being able to speak with an artificial appliance is disregarded in determination of total disability)

To obtain an application for the SGLI Disability Extension, or to learn more, visit VA.gov | Veterans Affairs.

Is anyone as any ideas about why i am receiving this even I was discharged couple year ago without any assistance or in transition program ?