Checking Out.

Rdavis04

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Does anyone know if there is a memo I can get or where to find one to start checking out early? My 1stSgt wanted me to find out if there was one. Any help would be appreciated.

You need orders first

Does anyone know if there is a memo I can get or where to find one to start checking out early? My 1stSgt wanted me to find out if there was one. Any help would be appreciated.
As a former first sergeant, I thought that was the job of a first sergeant..."to find out".

Sorry, I realize my post is not helpful. I guess things have changed during the 30 years since I retired.

Regards,
Ron
Army

I got a checkout sheet from my S-1, and then went to IPAC and got one from them before I was found unfit for duty. It's command discretion. If you tell them you're being med separated, they shouldnt give you any issues.

I got a checkout sheet from my S-1, and then went to IPAC and got one from them before I was found unfit for duty. It's command discretion. If you tell them you're being med separated, they shouldnt give you any issues.

Awesome. Thank you!

There are things you can do early like clear CIF, you’ll have to have a memo from your commander though. I cleared CIF early, it was a great feeling to turn all that gear in!

Does anyone know what my EAS would be looking at? I signed findings April 2 and when I called mmsr-4 the guy stated that it could be April 30th or may 31st. I’m preferring it be May 31st so I can take my 38.5 days of leave and ptad. That means I could be out the 21st of April. Any insight would be appreciated!

Does anyone know what my EAS would be looking at? I signed findings April 2 and when I called mmsr-4 the guy stated that it could be April 30th or may 31st. I’m preferring it be May 31st so I can take my 38.5 days of leave and ptad. That means I could be out the 21st of April. Any insight would be appreciated!
It's probably May 31st. They calculate your EAS based off of your Leave Balance plus PTAD.

It's probably May 31st. They calculate your EAS based off of your Leave Balance plus PTAD.
Awesome, thank you. That’s what I was thinking it would be too. The guy I spoke with said it would more than likely be that. But I’ve seen on some posts it’s like 90 days out but I guess it’s case by case on the leave days? Do they give you the end of the month With leave and ptad that will get you out the quickest? If that makes sense?

Awesome, thank you. That’s what I was thinking it would be too. The guy I spoke with said it would more than likely be that. But I’ve seen on some posts it’s like 90 days out but I guess it’s case by case on the leave days? Do they give you the end of the month With leave and ptad that will get you out the quickest? If that makes sense?

I’m also wondering the same thing. I signed my findings on March 31st and I’m waiting for my new EAS date. I have 10.5 days of leave right now. So does that mean that my EAS date would be sooner? I’m just trying to figure out ASAP cause I need to ship my car back home but also still need it out here so I can do all the running around on base for checking out.

So you would at 2.5 days for April and 2.5 for May. And more than likely your EAS is 31 May as well. So you will have 15.5 days of leave and 20 ptad so you’re looking at 35.5 days. So you could be done by April 24th.

So you would at 2.5 days for April and 2.5 for May. And more than likely your EAS is 31 May as well. So you will have 15.5 days of leave and 20 ptad so you’re looking at 35.5 days. So you could be done by April 24th.
Have you started checking out?

Called my s-1 today and they said I can come get my check out sheet tomorrow.

I got on MOL this morning and my new EAS is on the 29th of this month! I have my captain on Friday and my CO interview on Monday,am I able to submit my outbound interview now or do I have to wait until that shit is done?

I got on MOL this morning and my new EAS is on the 29th of this month! I have my captain on Friday and my CO interview on Monday,am I able to submit my outbound interview now or do I have to wait until that shit is done?
Don't quote me, but you should be able to submit it, if MOL allows you to.

I just looked and had no messages and looked on my bir and mine is 29th of this month too.

Does everyone rate PTAD? My PEB was just submitted and I have 57.5 days of leave right now. I didn't know the PTAD was a thing, that would be nice to get an extra couple paychecks to help transition.