COAD approval and timeline?

oldvet

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Has anyone had a COAD (Continue on Active Duty) request approved, and if so, how long did it take for approval or denial? I signed my DA199 (after my request for VA Ratings Reconsideration was denied) and submitted my COAD request the same day, on Feb 14, 2019. I have over 18 years active duty service. My ratings came back 20% DoD / 100% VA.

Has anyone had a COAD (Continue on Active Duty) request approved, and if so, how long did it take for approval or denial? I signed my DA199 (after my request for VA Ratings Reconsideration was denied) and submitted my COAD request the same day, on Feb 14, 2019. I have over 18 years active duty service. My ratings came back 20% DoD / 100% VA.

Hi, did your COAD ever get approved?

Yes, my COAD request was approved.

How long did it take you to get a response back? I just did my packet last week. Very nervous it wont get approved, 16 years 10 month AD here, what do you think my chances are?

How long did it take you to get a response back? I just did my packet last week. Very nervous it wont get approved, 16 years 10 month AD here, what do you think my chances are?
I submitted my COAD packet to my PEBLO on/around February 6, 2019 and my approved COAD memo is dated March 15, 2019. I have no idea what your chances are. I think it depends on how bad the Army needs people in your rank and MOS. I am an officer in one of the medical fields, so I think that helped in my case.

I submitted my COAD packet to my PEBLO on/around February 6, 2019 and my approved COAD memo is dated March 15, 2019. I have no idea what your chances are. I think it depends on how bad the Army needs people in your rank and MOS. I am an officer in one of the medical fields, so I think that helped in my case.

Ok, thank you so much for the information