COAD recommendation letter

SUCCESS! Received my approved COAD from my Adjutant General this morning. Wow! What a long 13 months............ Got approved to get three more years to hit 20 active then retire, unless my conditions get worse but if so at least I know how this whole process of the IDES goes and each step so I'll be in full control to ensure each condition is properly accounted for with the VA. Bad Bad Camp Atterbury!!!! I'll continue to stay on here and read up on things. Good luck to all of you! Stay in the fight!

SUCCESS! Received my approved COAD from my Adjutant General this morning. Wow! What a long 13 months............ Got approved to get three more years to hit 20 active then retire, unless my conditions get worse but if so at least I know how this whole process of the IDES goes and each step so I'll be in full control to ensure each condition is properly accounted for with the VA. Bad Bad Camp Atterbury!!!! I'll continue to stay on here and read up on things. Good luck to all of you! Stay in the fight!
Indeed, congratulations; "stay in the fight!" Take care and enjoy!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Can anyone help me out. I am putting together my COAD packet and looking for an example of the commanders statement letter and the memo example for my medical providers. I have talked to my BDE commander and my providers. All agreed to help me with this however none of them know what it should say or the format. If anyone has this can you email them to [email protected]. Thanks.

Sure. Rich and Chubby I'll send my my memo I typed for me thru my first MG and LTC/COL. As Warrior644 said above knowledge is powerful so read, read, read...

Could someone send me an example please? I can't open the link [email protected]

Email sent. I also added a lot of information that I have been researching throughout my time in IDES. This is the same info that I sent my Soldiers when I know they are entering the IDES. Good luck and use this website and the others to inform yourself. Pass your knowledge on to others.

Can anyone help me out. I am putting together my COAD packet and looking for an example of the commanders statement letter and the memo example for my medical providers. I have talked to my BDE commander and my providers. All agreed to help me with this however none of them know what it should say or the format. If anyone has this can you email them to [email protected]. Thanks.

Email sent. I also added a lot of information that I have been researching throughout my time in IDES. This is the same info that I sent my Soldiers when I know they are entering the IDES. Good luck and use this website and the others to inform yourself. Pass your knowledge on to others.

Attachments

• Example Memo COAD Packet Mattingly.docx
    139.1 KB · Views: 64
Thank you all for the helpful information. I was able to send it up the chain and am now waiting on it to come back!

Thank you all for the helpful information. I was able to send it up the chain and am now waiting on it to come back!

Sounds great. Make sure when you get the approval memo back you have the COAD checklist that your PEBLO should have given you. There is like 10 or so other documents that is needed to go with the COAD. Your PEBLO when you gather everything will submit that up to the PEB from what my PEBLO told me he did with mine. I know that talking to a different MTF PEBLO she was able to look in some system to ensure my COAD packet did get submitted.

Yes I can. Thanks. Was curious if you had any that I could use to help my commander write a lor

Oh I see. My Commander typed up a two paragraph memo just stating how great of a Soldier I am to his command and the knowledge/experience from 11C and other branch background. The memo has to state your Commander's decision that they know that you are not deployable and they have a slot that you'll work in until you reach retirement. It helps them see that your boss is bought in and willing to keep you. Now, with this new medical policy that just came out I'm not sure if I'll get to stay or go though. NGB put out that States should look at the force and if there are any Soldiers that have been non-deployable, on profile for 12 months or longer to separate or put them in the IDES.

It seems like most of you offered to share documents regarding COAD submission some time ago. However, if you still have any of them available, would you please email them to me at [email protected]? I'm especially interested in any information about the physician's letter/recommendation regarding fitness for duty (level of detail and specifics needed or generally given). Please feel free to redact any personal information that you do not wish to share. Thank you so much for your time!

How long did it take to get your COAD processed?

Please email me examples as well [email protected]