COAD recommendation letter

Giosell

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Can anyone help me with the right format for a Recommendation Letter for the COAD?

Giosell,

I just recently put in my COAD packet. I have some examples of the letters that were written on my behalf. I would be happy to send you a copy of these letters, however, I am not really sure how to attach them to this forum. If you would like to send me your email I am can attach them.

Carina,
Giosell,

I just recently put in my COAD packet. I have some examples of the letters that were written on my behalf. I would be happy to send you a copy of these letters, however, I am not really sure how to attach them to this forum. If you would like to send me your email I am can attach them.

Carina, would you also please send me the examples you have. I am trying to do a COAD and just need some example letter. Here is my email. [email protected]. Thank you.

Just so you all are tracking my COAD packet was kicked back from PDA because the requirements have changed. With the letters of recommendation, one needs to be signed by on O6 in your chain of command. This change occured in early Jan and there is a new checklist. Now I have my fingers crossed that the COL will be able to sign it by tomorrow or my packet will be sent to seperation:(

zjones, I will send you my COAD examples later this afternoon.
To all: my COAD was disapproved and I will final out of the Army today. Unfortunelty, with the downsizing and everything else it will be difficult to be retained. Also, don't forget you need the first O6 in your chain of command to write a LOR as well.

Giosell,

Corina,

I am sorry to hear that your COAD was disapproved. I am also attempting a COAD with hopes of it being approved but know that the chances are slim. Would you be willing to send me an example letter? My Brigade Commander has agreed to write upon my behalf but has asked me to write the draft.

I greatly appreciate your assistance, my email is [email protected]

Hi Corina-

Need to get the 0-6 letter in by tomorrow and my command is asking for a draft as well. Could you kindly email to [email protected]
Thanks! And sorry to hear your COAD was disapproved.....

Carina it won't be all dark clouds as it may be a blessing in disguise.

Just so you all are tracking my COAD packet was kicked back from PDA because the requirements have changed. With the letters of recommendation, one needs to be signed by on O6 in your chain of command. This change occured in early Jan and there is a new checklist. Now I have my fingers crossed that the COL will be able to sign it by tomorrow or my packet will be sent to seperation:(

I hope everything has worked out for you. I would appreciate if you could send me the examples at [email protected]. Thanks!