Coast Guard Reserve member with 11 years in.

Shuckid13

Registered Member
Hello all, I am a Coast Guard Reserve member with 11 years in. I injured myself on Title 10 deployemnt for Iraqi Freedom this year. I dont think I will be able to pass the P.T. test for my unit. I think I may be looking at a Med Board and I dont know what comes next if this happens. My drill income is a major part of my income and wont be able to stay afloat without it. Can I get some compensation from the coast guard? Can someone give me a rundown of what I am looking at? What kind of compensations or medical retirements may I be able to get? In real need of some good advice.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Are you still on orders? If not, you may have been wrongfully discharged. Need to know more about your disability to provide more insight. Were you on LIMDU? Do you have profile limitations?

If you are unfit with 0-20% degree of disability, you will receive severance pay. If you are unfit due to disabilities rated at 30% or more, you will be retired.

Shuckid13

Registered Member
No, I am not on orders any longer returning for my first drill since medically released. PT test is in october and I am having problems with my neck, which has a extruded disc. Dont know what LIMDU is ? No other processes have been started haven been given a disability amount. really just sort of lost in this thing and dont know what to do. was medically released after physical therapy and chiro,,went as far as they could take me but didnt want the fusion surgery because I got better now my Unit PT test is commingup and I know I wont be able to pass it was wondering what I may be looking at.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">