script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Combat related

Has anyone disputed the IPEB results to have a condition identified as combat related and been successful? One of the criteria is “while engaged in hazardous service, such as aerial flight duty…….” I have been a flyer for my entire career (9700 flying hours) and have deployed many times and think my neck issues/headaches should have been marked as combat related. Would I be wasting my time?

Jesusej19

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good morning Yukon, if you medically retired and apply for CRSC, if tinnitus is a VA rating you have, you will qualify as I’m an avionics guy. I applied for rhinitis due to burn pits in Iraq and just for awarded that, of course you have to have a VA percent first. I’m now applying for CRSC for migraines and asthma. I’m guessing your medically retired ?

Yukon777

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just got my ipeb results and I received a permant retirement 80/100%. I plan on applying for CRSC once I’m actually out. While I’m very happy with the results I believe the IPEB should have identified 3 of my conditions as combat related. This designation which I think is warranted according to the DODI would make the entirety of my retirement tax free, which would be nice. I was just curious if anyone has tried to make this argument and whether or not the had any success?

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
You need to link the problems to an event while performing a hazardous duty ... for CRSC. Exception is presumptive conditions.