Command Directed Eval Questions

Jeremy1113

Registered Member
Hello,
I have been having anxiety issues and have voluntarily been seeing a off base psychologist (referral from MTF to off base). Recently my Commander requested a CDE be done in which I participated. Now the MTF is saying because of this CDE I can no longer see an off base psychologist and must see an On-Base psychologist. Any one have regulations on this? I would like to continue seeing my Off-Base provider.

Thanks, first post.

You could ask the patient advocate at the medical group.
Also another option might be to go to the on base clinic, but, use your free military one source counseling sessions to go off base as well.

@Jeremy1113 - I would highly recommend you request a copy of all the notes from your private provider and bring them to the On Base. that way 2 things... 1. it provides a continuity of care, and 2. if it goes sideways and you are being Med Boarded it's good to have all of those notes on record. you might have to see both providers (check with Tricare for continued authorizations to see the off base provider.... the more generated documentation the better in the long run...

You could ask the patient advocate at the medical group.
Also another option might be to go to the on base clinic, but, use your free military one source counseling sessions to go off base as well.

Thanks for the reply. Base clinic is what i meant to say (MTF). I will definitely check out the free military one source.

@Jeremy1113 - I would highly recommend you request a copy of all the notes from your private provider and bring them to the On Base. that way 2 things... 1. it provides a continuity of care, and 2. if it goes sideways and you are being Med Boarded it's good to have all of those notes on record. you might have to see both providers (check with Tricare for continued authorizations to see the off base provider.... the more generated documentation the better in the long run...

My off base provider is hesitant on providing his notes even with my release letter, hes only willing to provide a "summary". Not sure why, I think he doesn't want it to get from the clinic to my CC. I am just going to keep making appointments with the off base provider until they cut me off. Ill check on that continued authorization, thanks.

My off base provider is hesitant on providing his notes even with my release letter, hes only willing to provide a "summary". Not sure why, I think he doesn't want it to get from the clinic to my CC. I am just going to keep making appointments with the off base provider until they cut me off. Ill check on that continued authorization, thanks.
Well at least get the summary with diagnoses that way you have a way forward and also you have that ammo if or when it goes to med board if it's an unfitting condition.... this one could be a big difference for the rest of your life.... could make a case for a retirement vs not having that ammo and getting admin separation

Most places have some sort of patient portal online where you can create an account, login and see/print the doctor notes.