Completed Timeline

Wyatt7A

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Here is my completed timeline.
Fort Hood, active army.

I know this process is challenging and everyone that knows about it is out of the army already. Most of the questions that I had about my Medboard were answered on this forum. So here is my complete timeline. Feel free to ask questions, I might have information that your PEBLO didn’t give you.

1 April P3 initiated

05 April PEBLO assigned

10 April P3 signed

15 April MSC meeting and VA claims

Covid really took off and nothing happened for a while.

July 25 QTC

July 29 QTC

July 31 QTC

August 4 all exams were received by MSC

August 6 MEB clinic calls to confirm NARSUM appointment

August 7 NARSUM appointment/ Signed NARSUM

August 14 received unfit memo

September 02 Received DA 199 20% DoD 90% VA, Signed 199

September 11 name on TRANSPROC

September 15 Separation orders cut

Would you say your appts from July to orders cut were expedited since you were behind from COVID, or the normal timeline for now? Im also at Hood and just had my MEB initiated this week. I know I have a bit of waiting to do, but just curious.

Would you say your appts from July to orders cut were expedited since you were behind from COVID, or the normal timeline for now? Im also at Hood and just had my MEB initiated this week. I know I have a bit of waiting to do, but just curious.
Nothing was expedited, another soldier in my unit signed his NARSUM recently and was told about 1 to 1 1/2 months till orders.
Things are moving crazy fast currently.

Nothing was expedited, another soldier in my unit signed his NARSUM recently and was told about 1 to 1 1/2 months till orders.
Things are moving crazy fast currently.
Okay cool. I wasn’t sure if they were trying to make up lost time because of COVID. Thanks!

Did your da 199 come on its own or did you have to ask for updates from your PEBLO? I'm coming up on the end of week 3 so its been 22 days since I signed my NARSUM. It looks like after you sign your da 199 its pretty much over so that's awesome! Unfortunately the PEB doesn't send fit or unfit memos anymore so I don't have that to look forward to!

Did your da 199 come on its own or did you have to ask for updates from your PEBLO? I'm coming up on the end of week 3 so its been 22 days since I signed my NARSUM. It looks like after you sign your da 199 its pretty much over so that's awesome! Unfortunately the PEB doesn't send fit or unfit memos anymore so I don't have that to look forward to!
My PEBLO emailed me my 199 and then she called to go over everything. If it’s been 3 weeks you should hear from your PEBLO soon. Give him/her a call and ask hiw long their other cases had to wait.
And yes, after you get your 199 things move crazy fast.

My PEBLO emailed me my 199 and then she called to go over everything. If it’s been 3 weeks you should hear from your PEBLO soon. Give him/her a call and ask hiw long their other cases had to wait.
And yes, after you get your 199 things move crazy fast.
Really appreciate the info/advice!

Fort Hood, active army.

I know this process is challenging and everyone that knows about it is out of the army already. Most of the questions that I had about my Medboard were answered on this forum. So here is my complete timeline. Feel free to ask questions, I might have information that your PEBLO didn’t give you.

1 April P3 initiated

05 April PEBLO assigned

10 April P3 signed

July 25 QTC

July 29 QTC

July 31 QTC

Thanks for sharing your journey. Hope you are satisfied with your percentages.

Fort Hood, active army.

1 April P3 initiated

05 April PEBLO assigned

10 April P3 signed

July 25 QTC

July 29 QTC

July 31 QTC

Your process moved fairly quickly. I've been doing this since January. My referral finally got submitted in February 2020 and now I am waiting for the DA 199. I am at almost 4 weeks now since my NARSUM and Findings were Concurred and my PEBLO said that Ratings should come back in the next couple of WEEKS. I'm getting so anxious.

Your process moved fairly quickly. I've been doing this since January. My referral finally got submitted in February 2020 and now I am waiting for the DA 199. I am at almost 4 weeks now since my NARSUM and Findings were Concurred and my PEBLO said that Ratings should come back in the next couple of WEEKS. I'm getting so anxious.
im in the exact same spot as you! next Tuesday makes it a month since I signed it. My peblo gives me a generic answer of "itll take anywhere from 20 to 120 days" hell no it better not lol!! I am READY to go. If I get my da 199 ill make sure to let you know, can you do the same?

im in the exact same spot as you! next Tuesday makes it a month since I signed it. My peblo gives me a generic answer of "itll take anywhere from 20 to 120 days" hell no it better not lol!! I am READY to go. If I get my da 199 ill make sure to let you know, can you do the same?
Absolutely! I'll let you know how it goes from here and I'll let you know when I get the 199. Hopefully when one of us gets it, the other isn't too far behind.

Fort Hood, active army.

1 April P3 initiated

05 April PEBLO assigned

10 April P3 signed

July 25 QTC

July 29 QTC

July 31 QTC

So once you get your orders what happens? Are you able to just take your terminal and then outprocess? Does it take a long time?

Just signed NARSUM today. 2 weeks ago, PEBLO told me a soldier got full ratings in 2 weeks - today told me 1 1/2 months. Apparently they are no longer doing "parallel ratings" and my estimated ETS is 2-4 months.

Fort Hood, active army.

1 April P3 initiated

05 April PEBLO assigned

10 April P3 signed

July 25 QTC

July 29 QTC

July 31 QTC

Just signed NARSUM today. 2 weeks ago, PEBLO told me a soldier got full ratings in 2 weeks - today told me 1 1/2 months. Apparently they are no longer doing "parallel ratings" and my estimated ETS is 2-4 months.
What is parallel ratings?

Did you ever get your 199 back?

I've been waiting for the PEB to make their decision since Dec 17. Hope i hear something soon.

I started my Medboard in June 2020 and finished my exams at the end of December. I got my Narsum in the second week of January and have been waiting for my 199 since then. I'm really hoping to hear something back soon

All I can say is good luck. Unfortunately everything is in the hands of lazy civilians who are getting a free paycheck to sit at home. This whole MEB board process is broke and needs to be scrapped. I started in May and have been waiting for 199 since Dec 17. How does it take this long to type up a form? It's ridiculous.

All I can say is good luck. Unfortunately everything is in the hands of lazy civilians who are getting a free paycheck to sit at home. This whole MEB board process is broke and needs to be scrapped. I started in May and have been waiting for 199 since Dec 17. How does it take this long to type up a form? It's ridiculous.
It’s all good. My 199 is complete and in the system. It showed up last Friday but my PEBLO says she can’t touch it until the send it to her inbox...They were “typing” my 199 since Dec 21.