Concern on whether I will receive medical retirement

Evansaaron

Registered Member
I have Chronic Bilateral Plantaar-fasccitus normally the condition isnt that bad i would say mine is in the top 10 percent of severity. I recently received my Narsum and it appears as though i will get ratings as followed(this is an estimation by my lawyer). 10% for my plantaar-fasciitus 30% for my major depressive disorder. However my major depressive disorder meets retention standards. As it stands now i was told that i will not receive medical retirement because my depression is not factored in because it meets retention. Whats the best recourse for me and what can i do. Also i was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea i have an upcoming appt i should receive a CPAP i dont know if that changes anything. Also my depression has gotten worse and im now taking antidepressants because of some suicidal ideation and im also taking pain medication for my feet now its a motrin equivalent so not a narcotic. Sorry for incoherancy.

I would use this website as a guideline to your disabilities. Depending on your outcome, you can always appeal and request some of your disabilities be added to your DoD side. Not sure if they'll grant that or not but worth a shot. Which in turn would add to your percentage and hopefully get medical retirement, if that's what you want.

http://militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com

Too late if they just examined you and its 30% now you are saying its higher within this short timeframe YOU need to come up with the evidence to prove that or rebut their findings.

You can ask for a VARR if your MDD has worsened. If a MH illness is severe enough; it could be found unfitting.

You are welcome. Mike