Confused at the Doctor’s Office

JLock22

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Ok so today I had to go see my PCM because I was having horrible cramping pain in my pelvis. Well apparently that is a side effect to the Lupron medication I’m taking. While in the office, he called my gyn because he had my medical history regarding my endometriosis. Well they were talking and he said “I don’t know how she’s been able to deal with the pain and stay in the army this long.” What’s does that mean? Is he thinking about med boarding me?

P.S. After that conversation he started to ask about my future plans and if I plan to stay in or get out which I thought was odd because doctors don’t usually ask me that.

It's tricky.

If you have been "dealing with the pain" and still performing your job, it doesn't seem like a MEB is impending. Of course, the doctor could be thinking this way but typically a MEB is started as a result of your inability to do your job for an extended amount of time, not necessarily because of a specific diagnosis.

It's tricky.

If you have been "dealing with the pain" and still performing your job, it doesn't seem like a MEB is impending. Of course, the doctor could be thinking this way but typically a MEB is started as a result of your inability to do your job for an extended amount of time, not necessarily because of a specific diagnosis.

My MOS is 15W (UAS Operator). I haven’t been able to do my job because of the medication I’m on to help with the pain. I have been on a downslip for about a year. On another note, I was diagnosed with PTSD (MST) so that has kept me down as well. It’s been since Feb of 2017 since I was on a downslip so why can’t they just be straightforward with me and tell me they want to push me out?

If they go through with a MEB, you will have to be officially notified with papers to sign.

It's not something they can hide from you.

I recommend asking your doctor directly about your chances of starting the MEB process.

I'd be careful about the question. If you say your going to separate at the end of your enlistment, the docs might just be lazy and let you leave with potentially no retired benefits.

I'd be careful about the question. If you say your going to separate at the end of your enlistment, the docs might just be lazy and let you leave with potentially no retired benefits.

What would be a way to ask then? I’ve been dealing with this for 2 1/2 years. I am mentally and physically ill as well as being mentally and physically exhausted.