Confusion on first CRSC Pay statement

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just checked on my husbands CRSC and now stating pending DFAS approval...does that mean his CRSC has been approved?
You did not offer the source of the information, but if DFAS is now involved that is indicative of the CRSC application being approved by the service concerned. DFAS does not process denials or not-approved applications.

Ron

SunnyTX

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I apologize, my husband is AF medically retired and checked on My Pers and his application is no longer visible and only had a message pending DFAS approval.
he is VA PTSD 70% combat related, IU diability paid 100%, medically retired OCT 2015 and applied FEB 26 1029.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I apologize, my husband is AF medically retired and checked on My Pers and his application is no longer visible and only had a message pending DFAS approval.
he is VA PTSD 70% combat related, IU disability paid 100%, medically retired OCT 2015 and applied FEB 26 1029 2019.
SunnyTX,

Re: "...and only had a message pending DFAS approval."

Then...the AF has approved it and DFAS will create the CRSC account upon receipt of the approval.

The USAF message is interesting: "...and only had a message pending DFAS approval." The military department (AF in this case) approves/disapproves; the DFAS establishes the account, determines any retro, and makes payments. DFAS does not "approve" CRSC.

Sounds like this has worked out well for your family. Congrats!

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">