LL2017

Registered Member
Hello All,

I've been scouring this site for awhile now and finally decided to make a post. I'm hoping somebody with MEB experience can shed some light on my current situation. I'm AD AF and I've been in for 3 years. In January 2016 I started coughing up blood. I went to my PCM and told her I thought it was my allergies acting up. She listened to my heart with a stethoscope and heart a murmur. She then referred me to a cardiologist. Three weeks later, I was diagnosed with a large atrial septal defect and secondary pulmonary hypertension. In March of 2016 I had surgery to close the hole with an amplatzer. It was a smooth procedure and I healed up quick. Fast forward to mid Jan 2017, I was notified of an IRILO appointment with my PCM. On Feb 3rd, we went over her report and before I left her office, was diagnosed with regular hypertension. I was contacted by the PEBLO a few days later when she informed me I was undergoing an MEB and asked for my commander to write a report. After weeks of no news, I heard from the PEBLO last Monday after days of trying to get in contact with her, only to be told my case was sent back to my PCM for another echo. In addition to being diagnosed with an ASD and pulmonary hypertension, I also have anxiety, insomnia, and essential hypertension. Will those other issues go into my package? How long does the MEB process usually take to get a fit/unfit decision? If anybody else has this condition, what was your outcome? Since this is a pre-existing condition, is it true the condition won't get a rating? Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you for reading!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">