Contemplating Filing for CRSC

mrsentinel

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have thought about it for a long time and I am on the fence about applying for CRSC. I am currently 70% DOD (TDRL) and 80% VA.

I was a combat advisor in Afghanistan and had a few key events that led to PTSD which is currently rated 50% and service connected. No CAB or any direct combat. My MEB/PEB paperwork and the VA says the condition is combat related. I have attached a few things from my paperwork. The issue is proving my statements. If the DOD can't pinpoint the events to logs or other records, what kind of "proof" do they want? Aside from providing names of people, are they going to contact them to verify stuff? I just don't want to go to a lot of effort to apply if it is unlikely I will prevail.

Attachments

• disability-2.JPG
    disability-2.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 39
  • disability-1.JPG
    disability-1.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 38
No, you need to provide statements from them that verify that these incidences occurred the VA sometimes just takes the vets word on it. I would still apply albeit it seems HRC is tougher on verifying stressors than the VA the mortar attacks language is somewhat vague the vehicle incident absolutely needs to be confirmed.

I have thought about it for a long time and I am on the fence about applying for CRSC. I am currently 70% DOD (TDRL) and 80% VA.

I was a combat advisor in Afghanistan and had a few key events that led to PTSD which is currently rated 50% and service connected. No CAB or any direct combat. My MEB/PEB paperwork and the VA says the condition is combat related. I have attached a few things from my paperwork. The issue is proving my statements. If the DOD can't pinpoint the events to logs or other records, what kind of "proof" do they want? Aside from providing names of people, are they going to contact them to verify stuff? I just don't want to go to a lot of effort to apply if it is unlikely I will prevail.

Your best bet is to try and get copies of your units Serious Incident Reports and the 100% accountability rosters with your name posted to them that were submitted to your BDOC for the indirect fire your unit received. They would have to be heavily redacted before they could be released to you if anyone in your unit would even willing to help you. Personal statements are ok to submit but Army HRC won't just take yours or anybody else's word for it. It doesn't look like your commander was too fond of you so I highly doubt there was anything favorable that would help you in regards to getting crsc approved in your commanders statement or your deployment eval. Army HRC doesn't approve crsc based off of only narsums from the VA and the PEB either. They usually want to see official docs like combat award narratives or deployment evals that back up the medical narratives for PTSD. I do alot of advocacy work and work on crsc submissions from time to time and these are the standards for approval that I have seen. I have only had two army applications for PTSD denied and both were for having no official way to prove the stressors for PTSD listed in the med and va narsums for the army vets I assisted

Your best bet is to try and get copies of your units Serious Incident Reports and the 100% accountability rosters with your name posted to them that were submitted to your BDOC for the indirect fire your unit received. They would have to be heavily redacted before they could be released to you if anyone in your unit would even willing to help you. Personal statements are ok to submit but Army HRC won't just take yours or anybody else's word for it. It doesn't look like your commander was too fond of you so I highly doubt there was anything favorable that would help you in regards to getting crsc approved in your commanders statement or your deployment eval. Army HRC doesn't approve crsc based off of only narsums from the VA and the PEB either. They usually want to see official docs like combat award narratives or deployment evals that back up the medical narratives for PTSD. I do alot of advocacy work and work on crsc submissions from time to time and these are the standards for approval that I have seen. I have only had two army applications for PTSD denied and both were for having no official way to prove the stressors for PTSD listed in the med and va narsums for the army vets I assisted
Mrsentinel, I was short on this this morning so I didn't get to post this till now; since you are a vet out of service over 2 years, you have to apply to your congressman's office to be retroactively awarded a CAB for coming under fire from enemy IDF in AFG. The first step is to write army HRC an email requesting to file for a CAB and they will tell you what I told you in that since you have been retired over 2 years, you must apply through your Congressmans office. Second in the same email, request for info on how to get the SIR report and accountability rosters for an IDF attack you were present for and be specific in that you were present during the attack at COP whatever in whatever month of whatever year. Army HRC will tell you in a polite way to kick rocks and that they can't assist you. Third, contact your congressman and request their assistance and inform them that the Army HRC refused your assistance in getting the proof you will need that you were exposed to a qualifying CAB event. The congressman's office will initiate an inquiry to the HQ department of the army in d.c. requesting that they confirm or deny your justification via SIR and 100% accountability and you will be awarded your CAB and the narrative for the award will line up with your narrative summary for your PEB and VA narrative for the stressor for PTSD being awarded. I assisted a army veteran in getting his CAB that he was screwed on when he was medevaced out of Iraq 6 months in and PCS'd to WRAMC and the unit left him off the blanket award orders simply due to him being out of theater and unassigned to the unit at the time it was processed. He was awarded the CAB based off the fact that we requested his congressman's office to force the army to confirm or deny his presence for one of 8 mortar attacks at the Mosul airfield in the summer of 2009. The SIR confirmed the day, time and location and the Accountability roster confirmed his presence at the location of the IDF attacks.